Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: People visting after the baby is born

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Question People visting after the baby is born

Advertisements
    In laws coming to visit

When was it most helpful?

My husband is going to have two weeks off and I just wondering when is the best time to have people(my Mom and his Mom) come over and stay?

I almost feel like I want a week with just us? Or will I want extra help right away?

So tell me what you did and what you liked ...and didn't like
    ?
    I wouldn't want extra visitors until after my husband went back to work. I would never want my in laws. My mom is coming 3 days before I'm having the baby but that's because we need someone to watch DD while I'm in the hospital and DH is only getting 3 days off. I would definitely wait at least a week to spend time with baby and your DH, but that's just my opinion.
    ~Amanda~
    Wife to Dakota (6.25.2007)
    Mom to Reagan (9.10.2008)
    Mom to Liam (11.6.2009)
    Due with #3 December 21st
    Missing Our Three Angels (February 2010, March 2010, May 2010-twin)
  3. Senior Member
    my mom came for 10 days a few days after Lyric was born (she was early. my mom was suppose to show up the day before I was induced) and it was just a pain in the ass for me and DH. She wasn't much help and pretty much just wanted to sight see the whole time.

might have worked out better if she had come after DH's 2 weeks were up.
  4. Senior Member
    wait till dh has to go back so you have help when hes at work versus everyone there at once then being left alone
  5. Senior Member
    I would say the second month... If your DH is going to be there for two weeks I would say just be a family and enjoy each other.
  6. Displaced Missouri Girl
    Displaced Missouri Girl
    I would have them come in later. After DH is back at work. I hated the amount of visitors I got right after my son was born. It was INSANE.
  7. Senior Member
    I didn't want any help. I didn't have any health problems or recovery issues so I didn't need anyone to stay with me. IMO, it would have been too intrusive for our little family.
  8. Mommy to a Princess
    Mommy to a Princess
    My mom came the week before I had Hailey. She was the only one to come here and she stayed for 3 weeks and she was a huge help DH did have off but I had a csection and we needed all the help we could get!
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DianeS View Post
    My mom came the week before I had Hailey. She was the only one to come here and she stayed for 3 weeks and she was a huge help DH did have off but I had a csection and we needed all the help we could get!
    Yea, I think I'd rather have someone come over and help me BEFORE the baby was born.. I was too fat to get on my knees and scrub the floor and scrub the toilets, I couldn't get OFF the floor after I folded laundry cause I was so big..

I'd rather have help getting the house ready before hand then help after wards..
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I was living with my mom when Molly was born because Andrew was deployed so I can't give the best insight, however I LOVED having her there from day one. She would take Molly after feedings so that I could sleep and bring me food so I could just relax with Molly or sleep. She did that for a few days. I had nothing to worry about or do that wasn't bonding with Molly or sleeping.

I'm sure Andrew could have provided the same thing however.

When it got hard was when my mom went back to work and I was alone a lot more with Molly. Being a new mom, it was pretty overwhelming and THAT is when having someone else come in to help would have been nice. Someone who doesn't give as much attention as my mom did that first week, but someone who could step in when I got overwhelmed or help cook food or do the harder chores. Just to help out while I re learn how to do it all myself again.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast