Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Night weaning

1. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries

Night weaning

Advertisements
    When we get back to Italy, I am planning to start weaning Bella from her night time feedings. She still gets up at least every two hours. It is very exhausting. I need more sleep than that.

Any tips for gently getting her to stop nursing all night? She isnt always eating when she wakes up. Sometimes she just wakes up to latch on and does comfort sucking. Those are the ones I want to cut out. I am ok with her waking up cause she is hungry.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Does she use a paci? I started just putting the paci in their mouth. I am going to start cutting night feeding for P too. He is almost 20lbs and can sleep just fine through the night. He crys for comfort. She will cry a little but just stick with it and she will be ok good luck!
  3. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady T View Post
    Does she use a paci? I started just putting the paci in their mouth. I am going to start cutting night feeding for P too. He is almost 20lbs and can sleep just fine through the night. He crys for comfort. She will cry a little but just stick with it and she will be ok good luck!
    No paci. Isnt that what I am for

Do you just leave him to cry or do you go in and get him back to sleep without offering the boob? I think that is what I am going to try to do. I just don't know. Thanks
  4. Senior Member
    Im no help at all here, because Carter wakes up for 5 seconds, sucks for comfort and passes back out almost all night, and Ive been to lazy to do anything about it. Butttt I was looking online about the No Cry Sleep Solution book, and it seemed to have some good ideas that would probably help. Id check it out
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Have you tried a bunch of different kinds of paci's? Molly will ONLY take the soothie... granted, I NEVER had the problem of her using me as one (which actually sometimes really sucks surprisingly)

sometimes she will only take the soothie and sleep if I let her get a bit worked up... usually means crying for a minute or two.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBryTree View Post
    Have you tried a bunch of different kinds of paci's? Molly will ONLY take the soothie... granted, I NEVER had the problem of her using me as one (which actually sometimes really sucks surprisingly)

sometimes she will only take the soothie and sleep if I let her get a bit worked up... usually means crying for a minute or two.
    Idk if Im tired or what but what do you mean? I cant make sense of that statement
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

The only kind Little K takes is the soothie. And only the green one. I tried going up from the 0-3 months from to the 3+ months and she won't have that. lol
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    Idk if Im tired or what but what do you mean? I cant make sense of that statement
    I mean, I put her in the crib and give her her blankie and her soothie as if she will go to sleep immediately, but when she doesn't and starts to roll around and make noise, I let her. Then, when she starts to cry because she isn't getting what she wants, I let her cry for a minute or two. THEN I go in and put her back how she should be to sleep, giving her her blankie and soothie again. THEN she will finally go to sleep (well, sometimes I have to repeat it but that is only because she is a jerk baby who likes to be difficult no matter how tired she is)

basically, I have to do a very modified version of crying it out. I would never just let her cry til she goes to sleep (I'm just not that kind of mommy) but I DO have to let her cry for a short while so she will finally settle to sleep once I give her her soothie back.

Quote Originally Posted by Germanchick View Post
    The only kind Little K takes is the soothie. And only the green one. I tried going up from the 0-3 months from to the 3+ months and she won't have that. lol
    the green one? We have 0-3 month pink and purple ones... I haven't gotten any other size to see if she'd take them. She likes what she has
  9. Senior Member
    I mean, I put her in the crib and give her her blankie and her soothie as if she will go to sleep immediately, but when she doesn't and starts to roll around and make noise, I let her. Then, when she starts to cry because she isn't getting what she wants, I let her cry for a minute or two. THEN I go in and put her back how she should be to sleep, giving her her blankie and soothie again. THEN she will finally go to sleep (well, sometimes I have to repeat it but that is only because she is a jerk baby who likes to be difficult no matter how tired she is)

basically, I have to do a very modified version of crying it out. I would never just let her cry til she goes to sleep (I'm just not that kind of mommy) but I DO have to let her cry for a short while so she will finally settle to sleep once I give her her soothie back.

the green one? We have 0-3 month pink and purple ones... I haven't gotten any other size to see if she'd take them. She likes what she has
    Thatttt makes sense. I wish I could do that with Carter, he wont take any paci and he literally smothers himself with his blankie so I dont put it in there with him. He smothers himself with Mr.Monkey too. Hes a hazard. I always threadjack everything with Carterness, for that, I am sorry.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Jace sometimes wakes up when I know he's not hungry, too. I let him cry for a little while usually, and I go in to check and see if he's too wet or has poop, and I don't speak to him. Once I interact with him, he expects to be picked up. So, I will give him a pacifier, cover him up and go back out. Sometimes he will go right back to sleep, but more times than not I have to go back in 2 or 3 times.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast