Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breasfeedign question can a baby..?

Breasfeedign question can a baby..?

Advertisements
    ok my question is can a baby pop a bloodvessle in your nipple while feeding causing you to bleed when they nurse. that is what happend when LO nurses on one side and its not all the time i want to go see a lactation consultnat but acording to the tricare line i have to get a referal and they couldnt get me in to see mt pcm till oct. 13 i dont want to wait that lond and i dont know what to do !!
  2. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Humm, I dont know. Is it a lot of blood? Can you call an LC? What about making an apt with the ped and see if they can get the referal sooner. Is it almost time for a well baby apt?
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Can you get in contact with the Le Leche League?
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Never heard of that happening before but i guess you could How would your boob bleed though? If you pop a blood vessel is that not under the skin? My best guess would be raw nipple(s) It happened to me around the same time, one of them bled. Have you tried Medela nipple cream? It works like a champ and safe for baby. it my ease the pain if it hurts. Good luck!
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I've never heard of needing a referral to see a lactation consultant. Call the hospital directly and they should be able to get you in pretty quickly.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  6. Moving to Okinawa...so excited!!!
    Moving to Okinawa...so excited!!!
    When I nursed my son, his suction was so strong that he busted a blood vessel, it never bled though. It was painful, but it got better.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    are you bleeding because your nipple is cracked? Have you tried lanolin cream? Does your baby have a good latch?
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I've never heard of it happening, but I guess anything is possible. I would just go to the hopital and tell them I needed to see a LC immediately.
  9. Senior Member
    It could be from a bad latch and causing you to bleed and crack. Id either go to the hospital you delivered at and ask to see a lactation consult (or call any #'s they gave you, I know when I left the hosp they gave me a # I could call with any questions) Or I would contact La Leche League.
    his latch is correct or that is what they have told me at least and it looks correct from everything i have read and seen online

my nipples are a litttle dry but i use the lansonoh cream after i feed him and i just dont get why it is only the one side

in th am i will can the hospital directly and try and call lll
    i just dont get it its not too painfull and i dont know that it hapend till he unlatches or spits up and its pinkish and i just feel so bad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast