Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: napping?

  1. Account Closed
    Missin'mymarine1's Avatar
    Missin'mymarine1 is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    663
    #1

    napping?

    Advertisements
    Should she be taking 1 nap or 2? It's kinda strange to ask I know but she doesn't take more than one nap a day. I try to put her down in the morning but she will sleep 20 minutes and be up. Her afternoon naps are 3-4 hours long. Is that normal? She will usually go down between 11-1 and not wake up til 3 or 4.
  2. Senior Member
    Allyssa's Avatar
    Allyssa is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,630
    #2
    Each kid is different. It seems to work for her, so I wouldn't be too worried about it. She still gets a good nap in.
  3. Senior Member
    Germanchick's Avatar
    Germanchick is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    36,763
    Blog Entries
    4
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyssaM View Post
    Each kid is different. It seems to work for her, so I wouldn't be too worried about it. She still gets a good nap in.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  4. Senior Member
    TheBryTree's Avatar
    TheBryTree is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    23,515
    Blog Entries
    1
    #4
    As long as she is getting enough sleep, you don't need to make her sleep more or on a certain schedule or anything. a 3-4 hour nap once a day just happens to be how she wants to get her sleep.

    I wish my kid would sleep so good! we fight to get her to sleep (there is NO DENYING she is tired) and then she only sleeps for an hour at a time. bah!
  5. Account Closed
    Missin'mymarine1's Avatar
    Missin'mymarine1 is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    663
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBryTree View Post
    As long as she is getting enough sleep, you don't need to make her sleep more or on a certain schedule or anything. a 3-4 hour nap once a day just happens to be how she wants to get her sleep.

    I wish my kid would sleep so good! we fight to get her to sleep (there is NO DENYING she is tired) and then she only sleeps for an hour at a time. bah!
    Does she take a pacifier? She will do that when she isn't in a deep sleep yet and a plane or something flies over. I just stand next to her crib put the pacifier in her mouth and rub her back for a couple minutes and she is back out.
  6. Senior Member
    TheBryTree's Avatar
    TheBryTree is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    23,515
    Blog Entries
    1
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Missin'mymarine1 View Post
    Does she take a pacifier? She will do that when she isn't in a deep sleep yet and a plane or something flies over. I just stand next to her crib put the pacifier in her mouth and rub her back for a couple minutes and she is back out.
    who me? Molly takes a soothie, but absolutely will NOT sleep if she sees me. I've tried everything I can think of, and if it works, it works for all of a couple weeks. She just hates to go to bed... she is like me, she might miss something!
  7. Senior Member
    MilitarySpouse01's Avatar
    MilitarySpouse01 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,443
    #7
    If shes not overtired or super fussy then that nap sched sounds like it works I used to try to put Carter down for naps at certain times, but it was always just a huge fight unless he was tired already. Hes 4 months now and JUST started taking naps at a regular time. He naps around 10-11 and then 2-4/5
  8. Account Closed
    Missin'mymarine1's Avatar
    Missin'mymarine1 is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    663
    #8
    I never force her to sleep if she isn't tired. Those just happen to be the times she goes down and gets up. Today she went to sleep about 11 and didn't get up til almost 4. It was great. lol I even got a little nap in and cleaning.
  9. Senior Member
    MilitarySpouse01's Avatar
    MilitarySpouse01 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,443
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Missin'mymarine1 View Post
    I never force her to sleep if she isn't tired. Those just happen to be the times she goes down and gets up. Today she went to sleep about 11 and didn't get up til almost 4. It was great. lol I even got a little nap in and cleaning.
    Thats amazing! Imagine if that was her nap everyday
  10. Senior Member
    SenseOfHumor's Avatar
    SenseOfHumor is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,791
    #10
    Spawn has always slept her own schedule. She falls asleep when she feels like it. It's a HUGE battle to get her to nap from like 6:30-8, but we can typically get her down to take a nap before bed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •