Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: napping?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

napping?

Advertisements
    Should she be taking 1 nap or 2? It's kinda strange to ask I know but she doesn't take more than one nap a day. I try to put her down in the morning but she will sleep 20 minutes and be up. Her afternoon naps are 3-4 hours long. Is that normal? She will usually go down between 11-1 and not wake up til 3 or 4.
  2. Senior Member
    Each kid is different. It seems to work for her, so I wouldn't be too worried about it. She still gets a good nap in.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyssaM View Post
    Each kid is different. It seems to work for her, so I wouldn't be too worried about it. She still gets a good nap in.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    As long as she is getting enough sleep, you don't need to make her sleep more or on a certain schedule or anything. a 3-4 hour nap once a day just happens to be how she wants to get her sleep.

I wish my kid would sleep so good! we fight to get her to sleep (there is NO DENYING she is tired) and then she only sleeps for an hour at a time. bah!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBryTree View Post
    As long as she is getting enough sleep, you don't need to make her sleep more or on a certain schedule or anything. a 3-4 hour nap once a day just happens to be how she wants to get her sleep.

I wish my kid would sleep so good! we fight to get her to sleep (there is NO DENYING she is tired) and then she only sleeps for an hour at a time. bah!
    Does she take a pacifier? She will do that when she isn't in a deep sleep yet and a plane or something flies over. I just stand next to her crib put the pacifier in her mouth and rub her back for a couple minutes and she is back out.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Missin'mymarine1 View Post
    Does she take a pacifier? She will do that when she isn't in a deep sleep yet and a plane or something flies over. I just stand next to her crib put the pacifier in her mouth and rub her back for a couple minutes and she is back out.
    who me? Molly takes a soothie, but absolutely will NOT sleep if she sees me. I've tried everything I can think of, and if it works, it works for all of a couple weeks. She just hates to go to bed... she is like me, she might miss something!
  7. Senior Member
    If shes not overtired or super fussy then that nap sched sounds like it works I used to try to put Carter down for naps at certain times, but it was always just a huge fight unless he was tired already. Hes 4 months now and JUST started taking naps at a regular time. He naps around 10-11 and then 2-4/5
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I never force her to sleep if she isn't tired. Those just happen to be the times she goes down and gets up. Today she went to sleep about 11 and didn't get up til almost 4. It was great. lol I even got a little nap in and cleaning.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Missin'mymarine1 View Post
    I never force her to sleep if she isn't tired. Those just happen to be the times she goes down and gets up. Today she went to sleep about 11 and didn't get up til almost 4. It was great. lol I even got a little nap in and cleaning.
    Thats amazing! Imagine if that was her nap everyday
  10. Senior Member
    Spawn has always slept her own schedule. She falls asleep when she feels like it. It's a HUGE battle to get her to nap from like 6:30-8, but we can typically get her down to take a nap before bed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast