Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Bottle/formula weaning.

1. Maybe I would disappear without you..
    Maybe I would disappear without you..

Help Bottle/formula weaning.

Advertisements
    Hey mommas!
    My DD just turned One! and I have heard to wean her off the bottle around One. She does use a sippy cup also, I did introduce her to those a couple months back. But I did start a really bad habit of bottle feeding/rocking her to sleep (I know my fault, but I could never put my DD through the crying it out method[just not my preference]) Anyways, she does not goto sleep on her own, the times I did try to cry it out method she would scream bloody murder forever and I couldnt stand it anymore, it broke my heart.
    So here I am in this bad habit of giving her, her formula and rocking her to sleep, does anyone have any advice on how I should wean her off the night time bottle...AND get her to fall asleep on her own without crying forever.
    TIA!!

My world...Brenna Mckenzie & Christopher
  2. Senior Member
    First of all, rocking your baby to sleep is not a bad habit. I love rocking my babies and miss it with ODS. Just slowly replace the bottle with a cup saving the night time for last. It will take time so be patience.
  3. Senior Member
    I nurse Cristian to sleep every night. Some might think its a bad habit, some might not. Whatever works for you.

I would try and use a sippy instead of a bottle. Good luck!
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by instant_oatmeal View Post
    I nurse Cristian to sleep every night. Some might think its a bad habit, some might not. Whatever works for you.

I would try and use a sippy instead of a bottle. Good luck!
    I nursed both my babies to sleep as well. When DS was weaned at almost 18 months, it took a few days but he learn how to fall asleep himself.

Enjoy them being babies!
  5. Maybe I would disappear without you..
    Maybe I would disappear without you..
    What about getting her to fall asleep on her own, yet I dont mind rocking her to sleep before bed, but she is one and still not sleeping through the night, its been a long year of maybe only a total of one months worth of nights she didnt wake up.
    So when she wakes up in middle of the night, and if I dont come to her she just screams, I have ruled out health issues with my doctor, plus right when I give in and pick her up, she is just fine. I enjoy soothing her, yet I cant continue to rock her back to sleep for hours each night (in the middle of the night) any tips?

My world...Brenna Mckenzie & Christopher
    ?
    We switched to a hard spout sippy at 10 months. DD took to it right away.

As for going to sleep, when DD was 5 months old I stopped holding her to fall asleep and started putting her in her crib tired and she cried about 10 minutes the first day and after that, she just cries until she's gets comfortable, normally less than 30 seconds. She's 12 months old and sleeps 12 hours at night and has since 2.5 months.
    The best idea I would have is to put her down VERY sleepy. If I was you I would let her cry for a few minutes, most of the time they only need a few minutes.
    I hope you figure something out!!
    ~Amanda~
    Wife to Dakota (6.25.2007)
    Mom to Reagan (9.10.2008)
    Mom to Liam (11.6.2009)
    Due with #3 December 21st
    Missing Our Three Angels (February 2010, March 2010, May 2010-twin)
  7. Senior Member
    Have you tried putting her down super sleepy and patting or rubbing her belly til she falls asleep? Maybe rock her a little bit til she's tired then try that?