Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Partum Depression

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Post Partum Depression

Advertisements
    My DH told me today that he talked to his mom and it sounds like I have post partum depression.

I'm not quite sure how to handle it though.. do I talk to my OB, or who?

Anyone have experience with PPD?

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Yes, if you feel that they could be right, make an appointment with your OB. He or she will be able to help you
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  3. Senior Member
    Do you feel as though you have it?

I mean, please don't just brush it aside, but he talked to his mom and together, they agree that you have it?

I'd definitely make an appt. ASAP with your OB, but really, yourself and your OB will make the decision as to if you have it... not your husband and his mother.

Good luck.
  4. Senior Member
    if you feel like you have it make a apt with your OB
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    If you think that they may be right go in!!! My DS is 2 now, and I am just barely getting back to normal, I wish I would have talked to my doctor instead of doing the grin and bare it thing. If you want to PM me and chat I am available.
  6. Mommy to a Princess
    Mommy to a Princess
    I had it bad! I just went to my OB and he put me on something to help me. If you think you might have it just call your OB and they will be able to help you. Dont let it go trust me I thought it would go away on its own and I just got worse.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Another route you could take other than talking to your OB is finding a therapist. Especially if you can find one who specializes in PPD (yes, they do exist, I saw one.)

This way, you can get more than just medication to help you. OBs can hook you up with therapists, but they sometimes just suggest an anti depressant and send you on yoru way... that might not be enough or could just prove to be a band aid.
  8. I love my life!
    I love my life!
    I had it for the first 3 months.. I never really talked to anyone about it though. DH knew I was having a hard time, but eventually my body worked it out on its own and it went away. But DS was about 3 or 4 months old. It was a really rough time for me though while I was going through it. I wish I would have gotten help. I would call your Dr. if you think you have it.
  9. Senior Member
    I had it to the point that I didn't want to look at Bella or hold her anymore. I was pretty much ready to walk away. If you need someone to talk to PM me. They put me on meds for a couple months and I started feeling better, I'm off them now that my hormones are starting to re-regulate. Definitely get in to see your doctor.
  10. Junior Member
    Ive had it after both of my children. I just called my PCM and made an appointment. I told them I was concerned that I had PPD and I had an appointment within 24 hrs. I was put on meds and saw a therapist that helped alot. I was able to come off the meds after 8-9 months, but continued seeing the therapist for about a year.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast