Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Longer

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Sleeping Longer

Advertisements
    DD does pretty well the first half of the night. She takes a bath at 8, then I swaddle her, she eats and is asleep by 9 (9:30 at the very latest). She sleeps until 12:30am-1. She eats, goes back to sleep and then is up every hour to two hours wanting to eat.

I think (but I'm no genius mommy haha) it's because she doesn't eat enough, so she gets hungry faster.. But I can't get her to eat more. If she starts to fall asleep, I move her around, talk to her, play with her, just to wake her up some. She'll eat a little more, then just stare at me. Then I take the bottle out of her mouth and she just spits it all out because she was just holding it in her mouth. I've tried burping her, then trying to get her to eat more, but she's just not interested.

I'm EXHAUSTED! haha. I just want her to sleep for more than 2 hours at a time, but I don't know how. Any ideas/advice?
  2. Senior Member
    not sure dd gets her bath between 630 and 7 and is asleep no later than 8 and then is up by 130 and then wakes up between 430 and 530 and then is up for good around 730 im not sure what to tell you cause i cant get her to sleep longer after she wake sup the 2nd time either im thinking its cause she had a good stretch so shes not as tired anymore and doesnt eat as much as well
  3. Mommy to a Princess
    Mommy to a Princess
    Hailey on sleeps for 2-3hrs at a time its killing me! I think part of her sleeping problem is she hates sleeping on her back and she really doesnt eat alot so I am sure that is another reason I am so ready for her to sleep longer!
  4. Proud Army Wife
    Proud Army Wife
    I have the same problem....DS was doin really good only waking up once then he started waking up between 10-11 every night. I tried to get him to go back to sleep without eating....that didn't work so I started feeding him a little bit....I'm not sure what it is maybe a growth spurt or maybe his teeth good luck though if you figure it out will you let me know

5. Senior Member
    She is only a month old. Getting up every 2-3 hours is very normal. Her stomach is extremely small which is why she eats so often. DD is almost 9 months and still gets up 1-2 times a night to eat and that is with her going to bed around 10.
  6. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    I do think your baby's tummy is still small and that's one of the reasons why but do you keep everything very quiet, no communication with the baby when she wakes up, keeping lights very deemed?
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    DD will fall asleep during her middle of the night feedings. I usually change her diaper at that point then she will go back to eating. She also sleeps from between 9 - 10 to 4 or 5 in the morning. I get up and feed her then she is out until between 7 and 9. I offer her more in the night time bottle after her bath and just burp often during that. It takes longer at night but it is worth the 6 hours of sleep I get.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    With Alec, he goes to sleep between 9:30-10:30, wakes up between 2:30-3, sleeps til around 7 and is up for the day til his nap around 11ish. It just took some time and setting a routine for him to be able to sleep for longer periods of time. The routine you have sounds good right now.

9. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    She is only a month old. Getting up every 2-3 hours is very normal. Her stomach is extremely small which is why she eats so often. DD is almost 9 months and still gets up 1-2 times a night to eat and that is with her going to bed around 10.
    i agree. it's good that they eat often while young because dehydration could quickly become an issue if they went without eating for too long of a period of time. 2-3 hours is appropriate for a breastfed baby and like 3-4, i think, is appropriate for a formula fed baby...i'm not sure though since i've always breastfed.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    She is only one month... they wake a lot at that age. And like someone said, it is better for them to eat small amounts often. That is just how babies are made.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast