Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Stopped gaining/loosing weight

1. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries

Stopped gaining/loosing weight

Advertisements
    So, I noticed when I took Bella in a few weeks ago for her ear infection that she was over 18 lbs. At her 9 month check up she was 17 lbs 12 oz (we guessed her being sick was the reason for the weight drop) and today we went in for a weight check and she was 17 lbs and 10.8 oz. They are doing blood work and are going to get back to me.

The doctor is not overly concerned which makes me feel better but I wonder why her weight would be going down? She is offered 2-3 meals most days and still nurses very often. I know she is more active now but I am still just little nervous.
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    she might be stretching out. Small amounts like that aren't usually cause for concern, if she had lots a pound or more then I would be more concerned. But to me ( as just a mom's opinion ) it sounds as if she is trying to catch up with her growing body.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    she might be stretching out. Small amounts like that aren't usually cause for concern, if she had lots a pound or more then I would be more concerned. But to me ( as just a mom's opinion ) it sounds as if she is trying to catch up with her growing body.
    Thanks. The dr and I have been talking and she said on paper, it looks alarming but when she see's Bella and how healthy and happy she is, she is not concerned as much. They are doing blood work as precaution and I will know more tomorrow.
  4. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    David has never lost weight but the amount he gained drop a ton when he started moving around a lot. He gained less then a lb. in almost 6 weeks when at one point he gained 2lbs. in 12 days. With all the crawling and cruising he is doing now I am not to worried though.
  5. Senior Member
    It could be the scales as well. At least the doctor is not worried.
  6. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Has she been weigh in the same scale? It's not a drastic loss so I would not be that concern, specially if she's been very active, eating well and seems happy. How are her bowel movements?
  7. Senior Member
    Cristian has been like that since about 9 months. I think its because they are getting so much more active.
  8. Senior Member
    Carter gained 7 ounces over the past month. Scared me half to death, but the dr said it could be a difference in scales, and were rechecking his weight next week. If she seems happy and healthy and has no signs of sickness, I'd say its a difference in scale too