Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm so tired...

1. Senior Member

I'm so tired...

Advertisements
    ...that I'm turing into an emotional basketcase. I've cried myself to sleep for the last three nights. Georgia must be going through a growth spurt or something because for the last week she has been grazing on bottles (2-3 oz every 2 hours, even at night) and she won't sleep for more than an half an hour at a time. I'm just drained. DH tries to help but in the short time he spends with her I rush around trying to get stuff taken care of. I just don't have ANY downtime. Even at night she sleeps on me. I'm just tired and I need a little break.

2. Senior Member
    i know i just want a break sometimes as well
  3. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Have you tried giving her more in her bottles to hold her over longer?
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    Have you tried giving her more in her bottles to hold her over longer?
    Normally she eats 4-5 oz every 3-4 hours but for whatever reason she is refusing to finish her bottles. The feeding session lasts much longer than normal and she fights it now (not angry, just playing). I think because she likes holding things now she keeps trying to knock her bottle out of her mouth and she turns her head and just chews on the nipple instead of sucking. It's more of a playtime for her than a feeding time. I've had to hold her hands down all day today while feeding her and I don't like doing that.

5. 웃♥유
    웃♥유
    Born and raised in Cleveland Ohio, but currently in Oklahoma City.
    I know exactly how you feel. I feel the same way I just need a break too. I need out of this house. DH tries to help out but it seems the only way Adrian dont fuss all day is if he is with me. Im sure it will get better soon though. We can do this

6. Senior Member
    I feel the same way sometimes. When you have down time, dont worry about picking things up, the laundry, the dishes, whatever, it can wait. Getting some rest and relaxation yourself is more important than a load of laundry.
  7. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    It gets way easier. I remember those nights when I would feed him and just cry because I was so tired. Matt went through that too. There were times when I couldn't get him to eat more than 3 oz. He eventually started eating more. Now he eats 6 oz every 3 hours along with 3 solid servings.
  8. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Quote Originally Posted by CristinaFaye View Post
    ...that I'm turing into an emotional basketcase. I've cried myself to sleep for the last three nights. Georgia must be going through a growth spurt or something because for the last week she has been grazing on bottles (2-3 oz every 2 hours, even at night) and she won't sleep for more than an half an hour at a time. I'm just drained. DH tries to help but in the short time he spends with her I rush around trying to get stuff taken care of. I just don't have ANY downtime. Even at night she sleeps on me. I'm just tired and I need a little break.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauna. View Post
    I know exactly how you feel. I feel the same way I just need a break too. I need out of this house. DH tries to help out but it seems the only way Adrian dont fuss all day is if he is with me. Im sure it will get better soon though. We can do this

It does get better I still have nights where I feel so restless and like a zombie but I know it has improved a lot from months ago. Just keep the advice bellow in mind! VERY VERY true. Rest first and then take care of anything else if you have time, if not don't even worry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    I feel the same way sometimes. When you have down time, dont worry about picking things up, the laundry, the dishes, whatever, it can wait. Getting some rest and relaxation yourself is more important than a load of laundry.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    Agree. During these times anytime Reese slept I slept too. It was the only way I could catch up on sleep. Yep everything was a mess...I cleaned bottles and clothes and that was it. Just slept.

It will get better.
  10. 웃♥유
    웃♥유
    Born and raised in Cleveland Ohio, but currently in Oklahoma City.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Rashel View Post
    It gets way easier. I remember those nights when I would feed him and just cry because I was so tired. Matt went through that too. There were times when I couldn't get him to eat more than 3 oz. He eventually started eating more. Now he eats 6 oz every 3 hours along with 3 solid servings.
    The first week thats all I did, was feed Adrian and just cry all night because I wanted to go to sleep so bad. But Adrian wouldn't go to sleep. The first week for me was TORTURE. I was an emotional wreck. He's only 2 and a half weeks old now but he sleeps a little better at night now. Which does make it a little easier for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast