Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I don't know what to do :(

1. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico

I don't know what to do :(

Advertisements
    I feel like I'm about to give up
    It's been two days that G has spent the whole night crying so bad, screaming cause of the gases It hurts so bad to see him hurting I don't know what else not to eat. I'm not eating well cause I'm so afraid that whatever I'm about to put in my mouth will be hurting him and if it's like that I feel I'm about to give up and stop breastfeeding I can't even believe I'm saying this There is no way I want to stop but I feel like I just can't see him hurting like that. Normally if is just colics when he falls asleep he is good to go but this past two days I put him on his bed when I know he is totally sleeping and he wakes up screaming and farting
    I have try so many things and nothing seems to work. Gripe water is the only thing and it usually works when I give it to him for like the 3rd time or is it coincidence that he just always feels better in the morning?

He usually don't spits ups at night and last night he did 4 time in less than 40 min and it was every time I would pick him up after he started crying.

I'm totally drained right now, I feel like a zombie. Everything is hurting right now. I don't want to stop breastfeeding but I feel that's the only solution
  2. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

I'm so sorry, I don't even know what else to suggest . I had issues with Zayne for a while, but it didn't last until he was that old and gripe water did wonders for him. I really hope you can find a solution .
  3. Senior Member
    Aww Shaky. I'm sorry. Thats rough. What is your doctor saying about it?
  4. Senior Member
    I'm sorry, I wish there was some way I could help. I personally feel that switching to formula would only be worse on his tummy, breastmilk is more gentle. Have you tried burpring him during his feeding? Having him sleep on an incline? Feeding him for shorter periods of time, just more frequently? Are you having caffeine? I know if I have caffeine after 3 ish Carter won't go to bed. I can't think of anything else, these are all the things that helped Carter, he's pretty gassy too.
  5. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Thanks girls... He seems happy now. When he woke up he woke up crying (he never does at this time) and then he saw me and he was smiling and while smiling at me he would start crying out of the sudden and let a fart out and then smile again.

Quote Originally Posted by instant_oatmeal View Post
    Aww Shaky. I'm sorry. Thats rough. What is your doctor saying about it?
    The doctor say is colics but that was about 3 weeks ago. She doesn't know how bad it was yesterday and last night.

Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    I'm sorry, I wish there was some way I could help. I personally feel that switching to formula would only be worse on his tummy, breastmilk is more gentle. Have you tried burpring him during his feeding? Having him sleep on an incline? Feeding him for shorter periods of time, just more frequently? Are you having caffeine? I know if I have caffeine after 3 ish Carter won't go to bed. I can't think of anything else, these are all the things that helped Carter, he's pretty gassy too.
    When I'm actually thinking and not been overwhelmed that's what I tell my self, that formula will only be heavier on his tummy and that mommy's milk is the best for him but at this point I wonder if that's correct .
    I burp him often but at the end of each feeding he just falls asleep on me and burping then is like nothing happening, I feed him on demand and he's usually eating anywhere from 14min to 30min.
    I WISH I was drinking coffee!!! that would make my life so much happier! but the doctor told me if I am to cut on it cause that makes babies gassy so I haven't even try it.
  6. Senior Member
    Lyric was colicky. For about 3-4 months. Worst time ever. She'd wake up about 1am and cry non stop til 6am.

Nothing really helped. Id give her the baby gas x type stuff when she seemed gassy. We just had to let it run its course.
  7. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Hugs!!! Have you tried Mylicon drops?!
  8. Senior Member
    Gripe Water saved my LIFE when ds had colic!
  9. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate
    I promise you, formula will be worse. BTDT. My first was an awful baby who never slept and cried for hours each day. It will make you doubt yourself, I know! I wish I would have stuck w/breastfeeding because it does get better.

In terms of what you're eating that could do this, I heard like 90% it's cow's milk protiens. (which are in formula too). Basically cut out ALL dairy, make sure you check labels for casin and whey as well. No cheese, no yogurt, no ice cream. It can take a few weeks to see improvement, as it takes awhile for baby to clear the protien out of his system. Soy formula is even worse for a few reasons---first, soy is at the top of the list for allergies, under milk products. Second, there is a soy-estrogen link and personally I'd never give it to my baby, especially a boy baby. Last, soy is known for causing constipation problems, which is a whole other issue in formula fed babies. Breastfed babies aren't constipated because it's much easier to digest than formula.

Link for elimination diet: (looking at it myself, as Amelia isn't sleeping at night, has a stuffy nose without being sick, seems gassy and has all over ezcema)
    http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/T041200.asp

It sounds like a lot but it's for your baby KWIM? And they aren't babies long, you'll only be doing this for like 2-3 months, because soon our babies will be starting solids and nursing a little less AND most babies outgrow allergies like this.

Honestly, I think you are dealing with reflux. Gripe water is great, keep using that. It is mostly sugar water and ginger/fennel and helps settle their stomach.

If you switch to formula you'll be back here because your baby has horrible constipation, is puking,etc and seems in pain. If you weren't nursing it would be blamed on something else but for some reason us nursing mamas tend to blame everything on our breast milk. But you know, it's NOT that. Our milk is the perfect food, made just for your baby. It protects your baby with antibodies. Formula could never do that.

I know we keep telling you to hang in there, but it will get better, it will. Your baby is almost 3 months right? For my other babies (and this one) they seemed to get better/easier after 3 months.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Hugs!!! Have you tried Mylicon drops?!

yes this is what i was thinking of when i called it baby gas x type stuff
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast