Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: High needs baby

1. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries

High needs baby

Advertisements
    Vent!

I Bella. She is awesome and such a happy, healthy, awesome baby; as long as things are going exactly like she likes them. Usually that means she is right near me or on my boob.

How long does the high needs last? I am so exhausted from her constant need for me to be right there. Even with co-sleeping she doesn't sleep for more than a couple hours at a time at night. She wants to nurse for literally like 2 mins and then she goes back to sleep. I cant do anything now b/c we are going out of town next week and then flying to Italy the week after. I plan to re-read the No-Cry Sleep Solution to hopefully cut out some of these night wakings . So anyone who has had a high needs baby in the past, how long til they did not constantly need to be right with you all the time?

On a side note, she has been saying "obama" all morning. Just the way she is babbling.
  2. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries

anybody been through this?
  3. Senior Member
    Sorry, I haven't. DS was sleeping through the night by the time he was 6 weeks and then after he was 6 months or so he would wake up in the middle of the night, but not hungry... Just to wake up. I hope you get your help!
    I kind of feel your pain, just not with BF'ing. My ds is FF, but his bottle is his soothing device for sure. He still wakes up about 4 times a night, and at around 6 has a hard time staying asleep until 8.

He is a super cranky baby sometimes, so hes so unpredictable, so its been driving me insane.

I hope baby Bella grows out of this stage so you can get some sleep... but I hear ya, im sleepy too!! lol.

sorry I couldn't be more help, but good luck!

5. Senior Member
    Sorry, not even any kids here. Just wanted to give you a
  6. Senior Member
    my almost 16 month old is still high needs. we are trying to let her cry it out...but her lungs give me a migraine

Kaiden Matthew Baby #2
  7. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate
    In general any high-needs baby isn't going to outgrow their personality LOL. My almost 9 yr old was a very high-need baby and is still a dramatic and enthusiastic kid LOL.

Honestly, my DD wanted to be with me all the time and still does LOL. Do you wear her? Does she let daddy wear her?

It does get better as they get older but really don't expect a ton of difference, she'll always be the high-need one LOL.

Dr Sears and High Needs babies
    http://www.askdrsears.com/html/5/t050100.asp