Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Grey poop?

1. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Help Grey poop?

Advertisements
    I'm waiting 15 more minutes until the pediatrician's office is open but i was just curious.....

I switched Dawson from Similac to Good Start (it's waaay cheaper and comparisonwise pretty dang similar) and the first day he didn't poop at all. But yesterday and today he's pooped right on time but it's grey!? Like thick peanut buttery consistancy and grey.

Any ideas?

2. Junior Member
    My son had some grey poop yesterday too... but we were doing Apple sauce yesterday so idk. But he seems happy as a clam.

But lmk what the doc says...

3. Senior Member
    I haven't had that happen with any of my kiddo's, but googled and found this:

my son had gray poop when he was about 2 months old. Turns out he had a clog in his gall bladder from all the TPN he had been on in the NICU. I don't tell you this to scare you, but my point is, that gray poop can be indicative of a digestion issue. So I would definitely call the doctor. We saw a gastroenterologist who diagnosed the issue. My friend's daughter recently had a bout of white poop. She's one and after switching her from regular whole milk to lactose free whole milk, the poop returned to a normal color. So again, it's a digestion thing. Check w/ the doc and see what's up.

Also check out page 5 of this pdf (http://www.childliverdisease.org/upl...rents%20leafle t%20-%20Jaundice%20in%20the%20new%20born%20baby.pdf) it's a poop chart that shows proper coloring for healthy poop and also coloring for "suspect" poop. I tried to find the one we used when Alex was sick, but this is the only one I could find. GOOD LUCK, I hope you find an answer soon!!

So, if you didn't give the ped. a call today, I would call in the AM.
  4. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    So apparently the pediatrician says she hears that a lot with the Good Start and recommended that if at all possible I keep Dawson on Similac. So that we did and now 24 hours later he seems to have normal poop again.