Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Infants eating eggs

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Infants eating eggs

Advertisements
    What exactly is suppose to happen when they eat an egg? Mary threw her scrambled eggs on the floor today and I didn't notice till I saw Aiden eating them He hasn't broken out in a rash or anything like that but I'm curious to know why they can't eat egg whites
  2. LT
    Ive never heard that before, my DS just refuses to eat them. I dont think there was any food i didnt try him with when he was a baby.
  3. Senior Member
    I never had a problem giving my little ones eggs.

I did google for you adn found this though:

When can I introduce Eggs to my baby?

Most pediatric resources agree that egg yolks are fine for <the non-allergenic> baby to eat when baby is around 8 months old. Please keep in mind that the egg whites should not be fed to baby before 1 year old.

Eggs, particularly the egg whites, are one of the top 8 of all allergens. Many studies that have been done on infants with egg allergies find that by the time the infant has reached age 5, the allergy has been outgrown. This is good news as the egg is highly nutritious and an important part of ones diet.

If your family has a history of egg allergies, then it is probably best to wait until after 12 months old to introduce egg yolks.

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/egg...odrecipes.html
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    sweet, thanks So its an allergy thing and I know he's not allergic cause there was no break out. Out of all my kids this is the first time this has happened so I wasn't sure what happens when they actually eat them.
  5. You Can't Hear The Music Until You Dance
    You Can't Hear The Music Until You Dance
    Ooops! Wesley has scrambled eggs at, like, 8 months old. Whites and all. He still has 'em.
    I guess I should count myself lucky he didn't have a reaction!!