Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: A few questions

1. Senior Member

A few questions

Advertisements
    Okay so first of all, what am I supposed to do with baby powder? I got a ton of it at my shower and I havent used any of it.

What time does everbody put their babies to bed? I put Carter to bed at 9 last night and he slept better than ever. He did 9-6 ate, 7 ate, and then slept again to 930 It was awesome I put him to bed earlier last night too and he did pretty much the same thing yesterday.

When will he actually start "playing" with his activity mat? I put him in it and he doesnt even notice it.

When will he stop eating almost nonstop during the day? Is it okay if I start trying to space them apart on more of a schedule? He eats in no pattern whatsoever, would it be bad if I tried to make it every 3 hours?
  2. Banned
    Banned
    since he is just over 2 months- hold off on trying to schedule him, he needs to eat and sleep on his own schedule for another month or 2-
    or he will set his own schedule around that same time.

he should be eating every 2-3 hours during the day- it is ok if he sleeps thru the night or only feeds once at night.

as for the baby mat- it will be another month or 2- and I would suggest putting it away until then.
    the things he should be doing now- watching you speak, looking around, tracking from left to right.
    you should be talking to him all the time, even reading if you like to read out loud ( does not matter what you read )

other wise it is sleep eat and poop! for another month or so.
  3. Senior Member
    I use baby powder for days that I dont wash my hair, but it looks a little greasy. I just put some in my hair and it takes the greasy look away. haha

Anyways pretty much everything else gunsgirl said is right on

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I've never raised a BF baby so for those questions, but I always used baby powder on the butt to help prevent them from getting rashes. It helps absorb the moisture and stuff.

ETA...I'm way too slow and easily distracted.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Pamela* View Post
    I've never raised a BF baby so for those questions, but I always used baby powder on the butt to help prevent them from getting rashes. It helps absorb the moisture and stuff.

ETA...I'm way too slow and easily distracted.
    Oh yeah, I knew that

Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    since he is just over 2 months- hold off on trying to schedule him, he needs to eat and sleep on his own schedule for another month or 2-
    or he will set his own schedule around that same time.

he should be eating every 2-3 hours during the day- it is ok if he sleeps thru the night or only feeds once at night.

as for the baby mat- it will be another month or 2- and I would suggest putting it away until then.
    the things he should be doing now- watching you speak, looking around, tracking from left to right.
    you should be talking to him all the time, even reading if you like to read out loud ( does not matter what you read )

other wise it is sleep eat and poop! for another month or so.
    I read him MSOS We both win!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    Oh yeah, I knew that

I read him MSOS We both win!
    It's ok....we all have those mornings. Some (me) more than others.
  7. Senior Member
    Baby powder: I'd return it to Walmart.

John Duncan goes to bed anywhere from about 8 to 11... just depends on how hungry he is. He sleeps anywhere from 4-8 hours at once during the night. During the day he eats about every 3 hours. He makes his own schedule, lol. Lee's self-imposed schedule became consistent around the 3 month mark, so I'm hoping the same thing happens with Dunc.
  8. You Can't Hear The Music Until You Dance
    You Can't Hear The Music Until You Dance
    Okay so first of all, what am I supposed to do with baby powder? I got a ton of it at my shower and I havent used any of it.
    I have TONNES of it, too. I've never used it with Wesley, ever. s

What time does everbody put their babies to bed? I put Carter to bed at 9 last night and he slept better than ever. He did 9-6 ate, 7 ate, and then slept again to 930 It was awesome I put him to bed earlier last night too and he did pretty much the same thing yesterday.
    Wesley at Carter's age was in bed by 8:30pm LATEST. But most nights by 8:00. He would wake up at about 5:30am for a nurse, then go back to sleep until 8:30. As long as it was dark when he woke up to nurse, he would go back without the slightest fuss.
    By 3 - 3 1/2 months we had crept it forward to 7:30 and that works for us. He is now in bed no later than 8pm - but usually in bed by 7:30 - and if he skips his afternoon nap - 7pm. But now he is older, he gets up earlier than he did at Carter's age. As soon as he hears those birdies outside and a slither of light from behind his block out curtains - usually 6:30. Oh, how I miss the days of waking up at 8:30am

When will he actually start "playing" with his activity mat? I put him in it and he doesnt even notice it.
    Wesley started reaching for things about 3 months - but REALLY interacting with it about 4 1/2 months once he could roll to get what he wanted.

When will he stop eating almost nonstop during the day? Is it okay if I start trying to space them apart on more of a schedule? He eats in no pattern whatsoever, would it be bad if I tried to make it every 3 hours?
    My personal experience was to let Wes nurse whenever he wanted until I started him on solids - which I did at 15 weeks. He simply wanted to nurse every hour by then - he was HUNGRY! Once I started him on solids, the nursing slowed right down. And we worked on a schedule with naps, mealtime, etc. But until then, I demand fed/naps. It worked out well for us - he is happy and well adjusted, but my experience most certainly wouldn't work for everyone - my Mum was horrified that I wasn't thinking about putting him on a schedule (other than for bedtime) because she had us on a schedule from day one! It's the only way, Erin

Whatever, Mum.
  9. Silence is golden duct tape is silver :)
    Silence is golden duct tape is silver :)
    i use the powder on him, it helps with moisture and not getting diaper rash. not to mention it makes him smell good too.

or i use it under my boobs so not to get a rash myself
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I would not put the activity mat away, he has to be put down sometimes and IMO that is the best place for him. Paul noticed his about the 3 month mark. It is so cute to watch him play with it. Paul ieats every 2-3 hours usually during the day. Wakes once maybe twice in the middle of the night and goes right back to sleep. I put him down at 7:30 with the girls and he gets up about 7-7:30. Um was that it? You are doing great just go with what ever feels natural.

On a side note you took down my favorite pic of Carter and well I'm sad