Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Please...

1. Captain's Wife
    Captain's Wife
    Blog Entries

Help Please...

Advertisements
    ...I am desperate....

Please share your story about how you knew you had PPD? I am 99% sure I have it and have had it.

I have no interest in Jack....or at least not the amount I thought I would....he's 6 mo....I feel awful he doesn't have a better mother.

Please help me....tell me the feelings you had...please.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I surprisingly managed to avoid it but I went to counseling any way as soon as Molly was born. I was at high risk and I wanted to catch it immediately.

I don't know if you do or not.. but if you are feeling bad, counseling won't hurt at all. The baby blues sucked.. I can't imagine PPD and I'm SO thankful to have avoided it.

You can PM me if you ever need someone to talk to.
  3. Captain's Wife
    Captain's Wife
    Blog Entries
    the guy i saw that is the only one covered by tricare in my area told me i didnt have it....ugh....but i feel like i do....but i want to hear others' stories so i will know for sure
  4. Missing you more each day...
    Missing you more each day...
    Quote Originally Posted by jojojo View Post
    the guy i saw that is the only one covered by tricare in my area told me i didnt have it....ugh....but i feel like i do....but i want to hear others' stories so i will know for sure
    Have you tried talking to your ob or even the pediatrician it doesnt hurt to ask them...maybe they can guide you in the right direction and their is always Military One Source they give you a certain amount of free counceling sessions.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    He wouldn't counsel you anyway? what kind of crap is that?

Are you having thoughts of hurting either you or Jack? Even if they aren't serious... do they still cross your mind? That should be enough in a perfect world for SOMEONE to take you in even with tricare... a truly caring counselor would apply to be accepted by tricare to help you.

The counselor I had did that... she was also specifically a PPD counselor.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I dont think I have expierenced it but i did have an EXTREMELY rough time with my first baby. I was sad alot but there was MANY different factors. Does not hurt to ask a doc! I have to fill out a sheet EVERY time I take the baby for a check up about my mental health, no sheets there?
  7. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i personally never got it so I can't give you that. it could be that you may not have PPD, just general depression.
    are you still seeing the therapist? just because you aren't diagnosed with it doesn't mean you should stop going.
    Have you tried talking with your doctor about getting on an anti depressant?

if you call militaryone source they can get you in to see someone else ( for at least 6 sessions ) if this therapist doesn't work with you.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    i personally never got it so I can't give you that. it could be that you may not have PPD, just general depression.
    are you still seeing the therapist? just because you aren't diagnosed with it doesn't mean you should stop going.
    Have you tried talking with your doctor about getting on an anti depressant?

if you call militaryone source they can get you in to see someone else ( for at least 6 sessions ) if this therapist doesn't work with you.
    I agree. It could definitely be general depression and not post partum.

9. Jen
    ♥ my wify navygirl8407
    ♥ my wify navygirl8407
    Blog Entries
    I recommend going to see your PCM on base, that's what I did and I was able to get medicine and feel 1000 times better than I did before. I was feeling worthless, unmotivated, overwhelmed and lots of other feelings. Feel free to pm me hun