Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nervous about him getting vaccines

1. Senior Member

Puke Nervous about him getting vaccines

Advertisements
    I have to take Carter this week to get his vaccines, and Im SO nervous. Im nervous about the whole autism/vaccine connection, Im nervous about him being hurt, Im nervous about him getting sick after. Im a firm believer in the autism and vaccine connection, and yes Ive done a TON of research on it but I still think theres a link. I dont want this to turn into a debate, please dont try to convince me theres not a link because he needs his shots so hes going to get them no matter what I think of this.

Can somebody calm me down about all of this?

How did your babies act when they got their shots? How did they act the rest of the day?

I should have taken him last week but I didnt because I was too nervous. Will they let me space out the shots a few days instead of getting them all at once?
  2. Senior Member
    Dont do anything you dont feel comfortable doing. We are selective/delaying vaccines for both our babies.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Bailey has always been fine after her shots. Sometimes a little feverish but usually she is just fine. If you want to space them out then do it. Just be firm in what you want for your child.
  4. Senior Member
    You are in control of your child's health care, just remember that. If you don't feel comfortable doing something, don't. Educate yourself as much as possible and make the choices you feel are best. I am doing selective and delayed with ds, and his first doctor got in my face, and all but called me an idiot right in her office. I stood my ground and am so glad that I did, and ended up finding a great doctor. Good luck!!
  5. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Dont do anything you dont feel comfortable doing. We are selective/delaying vaccines for both our babies.
    If you're not ready then don't do it. If you want to space them out then do that. It's YOUR baby you should do what you're comfortable with.
  6. Senior Member
    But if I delay his 2 month shots what do I do about his next round of shots? Just a question for those who say theyre delaying them. Are you doing certain vaccines and not others?
  7. Senior Member
    Will they let me space out the shots a few days instead of getting them all at once?
    They might, but Carter will be unprotected during that time.. Some of those illnesses aren't that uncommon, either.. There's always whooping cough going around here..

Frances gets her shots tomorrow.
  8. Senior Member
    I was the same way you are with my son. I have 3 boys and have had all 3 get the vaccines they needed at the specified times they needed them. It was my youngest who is now 2 that I was nervous about because I had heard about vaccines being linked to autism and all that. I never really researched it too much though. He has had all his shots up to 2 and he has done fine with all of them. He would get a lil bit of a fever afterwards but I would just give him tylenol. He was never really too cranky or anything.

I know alot of people now either delay them or don't get them at all, so if you arent feeling comfortable about him getting them, I dont see anything wrong with that at all. But if you do decide to get them, I think he will be just fine.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Paul did great! I gave him the smallest dose of tylenol, he ran a small fever but that was it. I kept up tylenol through the night and the next day he was great! He has had two rounds now and did great through both of them. I cried during his shots b/c it is sad to see them hurt but afterwards I stuck a boob in his mouth and he forgot all about it.
  10. Senior Member
    We do ours once a month. We dont do Hep B, chicken pox or other one that I can not remember for the life me.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast