Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting baby on a schedule

1. Senior Member

Getting baby on a schedule

Advertisements
    Carters a catnapper, and it drives me nuts. Hell be asleep for 20 minutes here and there. How can I get him on more of a schedule?

Between moving and not having any furniture and all the insanity There hasnt been much of a schedule here at all. His nursery is finalyyyyy almost set up, so Id like to put him down for naps in his crib so he knows that thats where he sleeps. Im rambling....

How can I get him from catnapping to actual naps?
  2. Senior Member
    I'm going to this thread because Bebe doesn't have a schedule to save her life.
  3. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    how does he sleep? Matt wouldn't nap well until I started putting him down on his tummy. Then he was out for about an hour and a half at a time. Noise makers are amazing too. Something to droan out the noise of the everyday.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Rashel View Post
    how does he sleep? Matt wouldn't nap well until I started putting him down on his tummy. Then he was out for about an hour and a half at a time. Noise makers are amazing too. Something to droan out the noise of the everyday.
    He sleeps on his back. Im too afraid to let him sleep on his tummy without me watching him yet because he cant pick up his head very well and just smothers himself. Howd you get him to go down for a nap around the same time every day?
  5. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    He sleeps on his back. Im too afraid to let him sleep on his tummy without me watching him yet because he cant pick up his head very well and just smothers himself. Howd you get him to go down for a nap around the same time every day?
    I was the same way but I got too exhausted and just let him nap on the couch, where I was at so I could make sure he didn't smother himself. As far as the times of naps. That didn't come until just recently. He now takes a morning, early afternoon and late afternoon nap.
  6. Member
    Have you tried rocking him to sleep? If you have a swing try that, put him in it and when he falls asleep DONT move him. Try to put him down at the same time everyday.
    Christopher cat naps when he is in a new place and doesnt want to miss a thing. There is another spouse that has put her child playpen next to the fish tank because her child likes the water running sound. I have talked to hubby about getting another stereo and putting it in Christopher's room to play soothing music.
    For the most part, Christopher is still sleeping our room in his playpen at night. Just for security for both Josh and I. But I try and put him in his crib for his naps, if he doesn't fall asleep in the swing.
    I have also found that if I feed Christopher a bottle of formula for his last feeding of the night, he sleeps a bit longer at night. He is eating a bit to much for me to keep up. I'm still bfing during the day.
    This is what works for us. Each child is different. Remember that babies can sense emotions. When you feed your child, try and relax. I read sometimes when I feed, it helps calm me down.
  7. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcwifex07 View Post
    Have you tried rocking him to sleep? If you have a swing try that, put him in it and when he falls asleep DONT move him. Try to put him down at the same time everyday.
    Christopher cat naps when he is in a new place and doesnt want to miss a thing. There is another spouse that has put her child playpen next to the fish tank because her child likes the water running sound. I have talked to hubby about getting another stereo and putting it in Christopher's room to play soothing music.
    For the most part, Christopher is still sleeping our room in his playpen at night. Just for security for both Josh and I. But I try and put him in his crib for his naps, if he doesn't fall asleep in the swing.
    I have also found that if I feed Christopher a bottle of formula for his last feeding of the night, he sleeps a bit longer at night. He is eating a bit to much for me to keep up. I'm still bfing during the day.
    This is what works for us. Each child is different. Remember that babies can sense emotions. When you feed your child, try and relax. I read sometimes when I feed, it helps calm me down.
    That would be me! I swear that fish tank just knocks him out! It's wonderful.
  8. Member
    I was the same way but I got too exhausted and just let him nap on the couch, where I was at so I could make sure he didn't smother himself. As far as the times of naps. That didn't come until just recently. He now takes a morning, early afternoon and late afternoon nap.
    Christopher's naps work like Brittany's sons'. One at 10am, 2pm and 430ish. Bedtime is about 930pm.
  9. Member
    That would be me! I swear that fish tank just knocks him out! It's wonderful.
    I couldn't remember who it was. Christopher likes the sound of running water too. We are living off base right now, so no letting water run. 5months and our lease is up!!!
  10. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Try forcing him to stay up, play, interact, etc., when he is trying to go for one of those cat naps. For a couple of days you will have a very unhappy little man but he will adjust and start taking real naps. I know that is what I had to do with DS!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast