Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Basil water for colic

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Basil water for colic

Advertisements
    We were told about this by one of teh soldiers DH works with, and it worked tonight!

Boil some water and then steep Basil leaves in it until it's dark. Strain teh leaves out and then once the water is cooled off enough, give baby a little bit (jus a small amount). If they have a gas bubble it will get rid of it.

SWe tried this with Muffin tonight and thank God, it worked!!! She was screaming and we gave her a small amount and she then gave a couple of big burps, farted, and immediately stopped crying. She was like a whole different baby.
  2. Senior Member
    wow! gripe water usually works for carter but the next time that it doesnt work ill have to try that. ive never heard of that before.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I had never heard of it either but wow, it was awesome. I thought somebody swapped her for a different baby while we weren't looking. lol

What is gripe water?
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread View Post
    I had never heard of it either but wow, it was awesome. I thought somebody swapped her for a different baby while we weren't looking. lol

What is gripe water?
    Its all natural and made from ginger, fennel, and chamomile. It helps soothe their tummys. Its really the only thing that will help stop one of his screaming and crying fits. You can get it at the drugstore or babies r us. I use the little tummys brand.

I found this-http://health.howstuffworks.com/home-remedies-for-colic2.htm Im gonna try to drink some mint tea to see if that will help his tummy at all