Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last night...

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Bang Head Last night...

Advertisements
    I finally hit that wall.

I was up at 3 am yesterday taking care of little man, then I was too busy during the day to take a nap, so we get home from a 4th of July party at about 1:45 this morning and little man goes to sleep...for an hour.

So again, at 3 am I am awake and my body cant physically do it. I cant run on one hour of sleep.

I feel horrible now though because my poor DH is a really hard sleeper and really doesnt like getting up in the middle of the night (Its pointless to wake him...he cant function for like 30 minutes after getting woke up)..

But I just full out yelled (At 3 am)

"I CANT DO THIS!! GET UP AND MAKE HIM STOP CRYING!!!!!!"

Poor dh... now he is sleeping and I'm taking care of little man so he can sleep.

Anyone else hit a wall recently..or ever for that matter??

2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brianswifey View Post
    I was up at 3 am yesterday taking care of little man, then I was too busy during the day to take a nap, so we get home from a 4th of July party at about 1:45 this morning and little man goes to sleep...for an hour.
    With a one week old???

No wonder you are tired. I can't imagine staying out that late with a little one. As soon as John Duncan goes to sleep around 10 PM, I am rushing to get things done and get to bed b/c I know that he'll be waking me up somewhere between 2 and 4 AM.

As for the wall, I think everyone hits it sooner or later. Lack of sleep makes everything more difficult to handle. Hang in there... it does get easier!
  3. Silence is golden duct tape is silver :)
    Silence is golden duct tape is silver :)
    MATom is right, i do the same thing too

i had a break down but then i got used to it all
  4. Senior Member
    I hit a wall a ton of times at the beginning. For the first few weeks Id go to bed around 11 when Carter did, so that way when he woke up every couple hours Id be able to function. Now we start is bedtime routeine at like 930 so he is usually asleep by about 10. I stay up an hour or so later now that hes sleeping longer. I know it sucks but it will probably be much easier for you at night if you do the same sort of thing for now.

DH is the same way, Carter will be screaming and hell still be sleeping. I wake up with him at night but when DH is there in the morning he usually takes Carter for a little bit so I can catch up on the sleep I lost. Sleeping in for that little bit just a couple times a week helps A LOT!!! Try to set something like that up with your DH.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MATom View Post
    With a one week old???

No wonder you are tired. I can't imagine staying out that late with a little one. As soon as John Duncan goes to sleep around 10 PM, I am rushing to get things done and get to bed b/c I know that he'll be waking me up somewhere between 2 and 4 AM.

As for the wall, I think everyone hits it sooner or later. Lack of sleep makes everything more difficult to handle. Hang in there... it does get easier!
    He was sleeping at the party - all through the fireworks. There were 3 babies there under the age of 1

6. Sesa Wo Suban
    Sesa Wo Suban
    I think you shouldn't have stayed so late. It was fine that you went with baby since it didn't bother him but it was overkill for you and DH.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brianswifey View Post
    He was sleeping at the party - all through the fireworks. There were 3 babies there under the age of 1
    Yeah, but you were awake... and new moms need as much sleep as they can get too.

We stayed out later than usual with the little ones last night too so that we could celebrate the 4th, but we were home and in bed by 11:30. I wouldn't expect to be able to function if I had stayed out until almost 2... but I've always required lots of sleep.
  8. Senior Member
    Just remember, no matter how late you guys stay up baby will still be up bright and early
  9. Senior Member
    When you're still recovering from giving birth and getting used to a new baby. It's probably best not to stay out so late. Catch up on some sleep, get used to your new routine.
    Or else you're going to wear yourself out. And have break downs like that all of the time.
    That's not saying that you can't ever have fun. Just take it easy.
  10. Senior Member
    Everyone hits that wall I think. You just get over it and continue on because you have to. As far as staying out so late...man, I don't think I've been up past midnight since Cristian was born. Sleep is much more important to me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast