Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Mouth Ulcers/ Canker sores anyone???

1. Member

Mouth Ulcers/ Canker sores anyone???

Advertisements
    Has anyone had these postpartum? I am used to cold sores, but mand to these hurt!!! They really kicked in Wednesday night. I am thankful my MIL had some Orajel on hand. That is the only thing that got me through the night and the next morning.
    Dentist said treat with 3%peroxide several times a day and keep mouth as clean as possible. Man it hurts, but it is getting better.
    I thought everything was just attributed to an ear infection. Turns out, my ear pains were coming from the canker sores. I still have a pretty nasty headache.
  2. I'm so Blessed
    I'm so Blessed
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry hope you feel better soon. I never had that problem.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I usually gargle with salt water rather than peroxide. Same effects, better taste.

Stay away from sodas and acidic foods too - those can aggravate them.

Those are SO ouchy - no fun. Hope you find something that works! You can try maybe some type of lidocaine mouthwash from the dentist if you're not getting any relief on your own!
  4. Member
    They are getting better. Slowly. The one of the roof of my mouth on my left is the only one that is still causing me some problems. The combination of brushing my teeth more, Listerine, rubbing Orajel and Peroxide on them is helping. CVS has/had a great deal on Peroxide though. CVS brand peroxide twin pack for $1.99!!! I couldn't resist. We needed peroxide anyway.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Are any of them on your lips? You might need to take some Lysine.
    I've suffered from cold sores and canker sores my whole life. And my mom couldn't open her mouth cuz she had such awful cold sores after my sister was born.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Oh great... something else to look forward to for after pregnancy.

I'm not pregnant, but I get canker sores all the time now. They hurt!
  7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hesmyarmyman View Post
    Are any of them on your lips? You might need to take some Lysine.
    I've suffered from cold sores and canker sores my whole life. And my mom couldn't open her mouth cuz she had such awful cold sores after my sister was born.

I usually just get cold sores/fever blisters. These didn't kick in until last Thursday, almost 8wks postpartum. I was doing some research about them, just curious. And found out stress could be a cause. And it fits, because I'm home all day with DS, Dh comes home about 5 and i'm stressed and tired.
    I told Dh last night that I'm going to start going back to the pregnancy/postpartum exercise program. Just to have mommy time. It was either that or get a part time job. I volunteer with L.I.N.K.S on base, but we don't have sessions every week.