Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Fussy fussy fussy

1. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Help Fussy fussy fussy

Advertisements
    I don't know how long colic is supposed to last, and honestly Dawson has been wonderful the past few weeks. Then suddenly these last few days he has become so dang irritable. At first I thought he may be getting sick but he really has no signs or symptoms of being sick. No temp. Eats great. Diapers are fine. But he constantly needs to be held, even things he loved before like his bouncy chair he hates now. He always has to not only be held but also be walking around, not sitting.

He was also getting really good at sleeping through the night. Now he hasn't done it in weeks.

He is just constantly getting upset but then five seconds later he'll shoot you a big smile. When you smile back and make a face he starts screaming again.

I don't know what to do anymore. All he does is wake up, eat, cry constantly then suddenly fall asleep on the millionth lap around the house, snooze for an hour. Repeat all day and night.

Can colic last this long? It seems to be all the time though not just in the evenings. And it just seems different than the other colic episodes.

Or maybe a growth spurt? He has been sleeping TONS and has been having a great appetite but I wouldn't think they could get fussy. I also read that it only lasts a few days. This is about a week or so but just getting bad in the past few days. And as far as the sleeping more and eating more it has lasted for a good 2 weeks now.

Any insight? TIA.

2. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    Colic can last up to 4 months, maybe even 5 months. It sucks, but J's ped said it can go away and come back within those 4 months.

3. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

It may not even be colic... them being cranky doesn't automatically mean they have colic or are sick. Sometimes babies go through phases where they are very cranky and want to be held.
  4. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoByTwo View Post
    Colic can last up to 4 months, maybe even 5 months. It sucks, but J's ped said it can go away and come back within those 4 months.
    seriously? Figures....

Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    It may not even be colic... them being cranky doesn't automatically mean they have colic or are sick. Sometimes babies go through phases where they are very cranky and want to be held.
    I would agree but we're already pretty sure he is a colicky baby. He cried for hours upon hours every day from week 2 to just a few weeks ago. Apparently it is back.

Hopefully you're right though and he's just having a bad couple of days.

5. Senior Member
    Do you have a sling? Its great for when Carter wants to be held and walking around. I can do things around the house and he feels like hes being held and moving, so we both win.
  6. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    Do you have a sling? Its great for when Carter wants to be held and walking around. I can do things around the house and he feels like hes being held and moving, so we both win.
    yes and he hates it.

7. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    what about the baby carriers. The one you strap on. Matt hated slings but loved the carrier.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I'm so sorry, I know how it feels to have them suddenly just start getting cranky. Well, I guess you know how I feel about that since you get my texts grumbling about Muffin being a fussbudget. MIL has gotten us all stuck on calling her "Little Crab". We might dress her up as that for Halloween..

Anyways, I don't really have advice for you. Muffin's the same way, not just having to be held but walked and jiggled. Have you tried sitting in a computer desk chair and bouncing her there, like you bouncing up and down and rocking in the chair? Sometimes it works for Muffin b/c she feels like I'm walking, but it lets me sit for a few and get off my feet. Does he like going outside? Sometimes taking Muffin outside is the only way to calm her down.

I feel for you I really do. Maybe D and Muffin are just telepathically sharing their emotions and trying to tell us about it? Call or text me if you need to vent or just need to talk to an adult who talks back as opposed to a baby who responds with more yelling.
  9. Member
    We are going through the same thing with DS. It is starting to drive me nuts!!!!