Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 2 months and teething??

  1. Many of the things that can never be, often are.
    Jessi.Nicole's Avatar
    Jessi.Nicole is offline
    Many of the things that can never be, often are.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Me: Kentucky Him: Seymour Johnson AFB
    Posts
    1,412
    #1

    2 months and teething??

    Advertisements
    Any of you lovely ladies gone through young teethers? My LO is going through them and idk what to do, I gave him a small dab of baby orajel even though they aren't supposed to have it until 4 months, but he was just so miserable!!! and it just a dab.... I am about to go nutty up in here if I don't figure something out to help with him... help.



    "So, after tech school are they going to deport you?"
    "...*silence*... No babe... they aren't going to deport me..."
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    SandyKay's Avatar
    SandyKay is offline
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    Posts
    32,613

    #2
    Are you sure it is teething? I know some babies do teeth early, but I also know a lot of mothers (I was one with ODS) mistake other things like ear infections, colds, etc for teething. What is baby doing?


  3. Account Closed
    cali_angel_girl's Avatar
    cali_angel_girl is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,693
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykay View Post
    Are you sure it is teething? I know some babies do teeth early, but I also know a lot of mothers (I was one with ODS) mistake other things like ear infections, colds, etc for teething. What is baby doing?
    :iagree there could be going something else going on like an ear infection.
  4. Many of the things that can never be, often are.
    Jessi.Nicole's Avatar
    Jessi.Nicole is offline
    Many of the things that can never be, often are.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Me: Kentucky Him: Seymour Johnson AFB
    Posts
    1,412
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykay View Post
    Are you sure it is teething? I know some babies do teeth early, but I also know a lot of mothers (I was one with ODS) mistake other things like ear infections, colds, etc for teething. What is baby doing?
    Uhm, he's gnawing on everything, extremely fussy, has lots of saliva- but not really drooling... Ear infection was my initial thought as well, but it doesn't really explain anything but the fussiness ( that I am aware of anyways), he hardly ever touches or makes any indication he even has an ear, and I heard that was a common thing most moms noticed about babies with ear infections... also he doesn't have a temperature...

    & I am not sure he's "teething" so much in the sense that his teeth are coming in, but it's a lot more likely they are just shifting around in there...

    whatever it is I want it fixed and FAST i feel for him. But my drs. office never called me back today :/



    "So, after tech school are they going to deport you?"
    "...*silence*... No babe... they aren't going to deport me..."
  5. Senior Member
    MilitarySpouse01's Avatar
    MilitarySpouse01 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,443
    #5
    Some babies like to explore with their mouths so they gnaw on everything, he could just be doing that. My baby is 2 months and just recently started drooling like crazy too, some babies just drool. The fussiness could be caused by a ton of different things. Im not trying to discredit your judgement, but it seems pretty possible that he might not be teething just yet. If you run your fingers along his gums can you feel some teeth behind them? That would be a good indicator.
  6. You Can't Hear The Music Until You Dance
    ezramedic's Avatar
    ezramedic is offline
    You Can't Hear The Music Until You Dance
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,448
    #6
    From what I've heard (and it added up for me) babies saliva glands activate between 2 and 3 months of age - so it can easily be confused with teething.
    Just something to keep in mind
  7. Many of the things that can never be, often are.
    Jessi.Nicole's Avatar
    Jessi.Nicole is offline
    Many of the things that can never be, often are.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Me: Kentucky Him: Seymour Johnson AFB
    Posts
    1,412
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    Some babies like to explore with their mouths so they gnaw on everything, he could just be doing that. My baby is 2 months and just recently started drooling like crazy too, some babies just drool. The fussiness could be caused by a ton of different things. Im not trying to discredit your judgement, but it seems pretty possible that he might not be teething just yet. If you run your fingers along his gums can you feel some teeth behind them? That would be a good indicator.
    Uhm- he has white spots on his gums in a few places?? But I am not sure if I could feel them or not... I haven't tried feeling for them, I will have to do that!!



    "So, after tech school are they going to deport you?"
    "...*silence*... No babe... they aren't going to deport me..."
  8. Senior Member
    MilitarySpouse01's Avatar
    MilitarySpouse01 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,443
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessi0609 View Post
    Uhm- he has white spots on his gums in a few places?? But I am not sure if I could feel them or not... I haven't tried feeling for them, I will have to do that!!
    Carter has white spots on his gums, one time it was thrush, and the ones he has now are apparently little cysts that the doctor said a lot of babies get. Ive never heard of that before, but according to his pedi theyre pretty common. Definitely try feeling them, it should feel like the ridges on the bottom of teeth if its teething. BTW the only experience I have with teething is with my little cousins , so I hope Im not giving you bad info.
  9. Many of the things that can never be, often are.
    Jessi.Nicole's Avatar
    Jessi.Nicole is offline
    Many of the things that can never be, often are.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Me: Kentucky Him: Seymour Johnson AFB
    Posts
    1,412
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    Carter has white spots on his gums, one time it was thrush, and the ones he has now are apparently little cysts that the doctor said a lot of babies get. Ive never heard of that before, but according to his pedi theyre pretty common. Definitely try feeling them, it should feel like the ridges on the bottom of teeth if its teething. BTW the only experience I have with teething is with my little cousins , so I hope Im not giving you bad info.
    Lol, uhm I have NO experience with teething, so I just sort of assumed it was teething when he met most of the requirements, bt I was an earlier teether too- I started teething at 3 months and had my first tooth by 4 1/2 months. I called the doctor after you mentioned thrush though and he said that it didn't sound like thrush and he COULD be teething since I was an early teether, but he'd "check" at our appt. on the 15th LOL. I am going to feel tonight when he gets home, he stayed t his gmas last night but Ineeded sleep b/c I started work again today so when I FINALLY get him back today I'll check if I can feel anything



    "So, after tech school are they going to deport you?"
    "...*silence*... No babe... they aren't going to deport me..."
  10. Member
    usmcwifex07's Avatar
    usmcwifex07 is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, Nc
    Posts
    674
    #10
    Ds is doing the same thing. Gnawing on everything, randomly wailing, the only thing that helps is holding him and feeding him. Dh wasn't an earlier teethier, my mom is looking to see if she can find the calendar she used for my first year.


    I just off the phone with the doctor, he could very well be teething. I asked about thrush, I was told that if there are white spots on the roof of his mouth, it might be and to come in and have the doctor look at him. For teething, use orajel, give him a warm wash cloth to gnaw on and teething toys (yeah for my in laws)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •