Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Infant Constipation

1. Mother <3 Wife <3 Nurse
    Mother <3 Wife <3 Nurse

Bang Head Infant Constipation

Advertisements
    Ok so my 4 month old daughter has been having problems with spitting up so they put her on soy formula which was great for a while but she started having problems pooping so we did prune juice almost daily which was working but than that stopped so the pedatrician sugessted laxatives which we did and she started pooping again than all of a sudden stopped again so they said use karo syrup in the bottle...which helped a little but than she got so bad that when she ended up finally pooping she tore her little bum and than started squeezing her cheeks together instead of going (I think bc it hurt her too much) so they changed her to nutramigen formula and everything was going fine for the first two weeks and now she is spitting up again and backed up to the point where she is only pooping a very very small amount and its coming out like little rocks and she is again screaming in pain! I am at my wits end with this!!! Does anyone have any suggestions? I can't keep giving her laxatives or changing her formula everytime I blink my eye...something has got to give!!!!!!!!
  2. Senior Member
    Try giving her a little bit of water maybe about 2 oz or so twice a day. My son was the same way and we had to switch him also to soy too. My doc said it was okay to give him a little bit of water. Hopefully that works for you. Also try maybe massaging her belly a little bit, that might help to soothe her too.
    Last edited by usmc_wifey85; 07-01-2009 at 05:33 PM. Reason: forgot to add stuff.
    Mommy's Little Monkey Mommy's Little Princess
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc_wifey85 View Post
    Try giving her a little bit of water maybe about 2 oz or so twice a day. My son was the same way and we had to switch him also to soy too. My doc said it was okay to give him a little bit of water. Hopefully that works for you. Also try maybe massaging her belly a little bit, that might help to soothe her too.
    I agree My son had the same problem when I switched him over to formula. I was told warm water will ease their tummys Good Luck
    "I will love you forever and ever except for without the R. Because my Love the R is the end of FOREVER"--DF

[/url]

4. Senior Member
    I agree with the water. Good luck

5. Mother <3 Wife <3 Nurse
    Mother <3 Wife <3 Nurse
    Thank you everyone.....I tried the water just before the prune juice when she was a little younger but I will defintely be trying it again....and I have yet another appointment tomorrow....I'm ready to rip my hair out...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH