Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sippy cups

1. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!

Question sippy cups

Advertisements
    when did you start teaching you baby how to use a sippy cup? He's supposed to be having juice at this point. I was told not to give him juice in a bottle. Should I start now?
  2. Senior Member
    I started around 6 months when he was able to start getting a really good grip on holding things. He's 10 months and is still having a hard time with the cup (he keeps missing his mouth and he gets frustrated) but he's not doing too bad.
    Mommy's Little Monkey Mommy's Little Princess
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I started with a cup with water in it. I don't start juice until around 1. Don't want to much of it.

BTW, don't count on much the books say. If you feel your child is ready for it and YOU want him to have it...go for it. The books are just a suggestion.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    well his ped suggested juice since he gets so easily constipated.
  5. Broken..Wish he'd come back.
    Broken..Wish he'd come back.
    ME: Louisville, Ky HIM: Hating my guts in Korea
    Blog Entries
    I started my DD on sippy cups when she was about 6 months old. The silicone top kind. Once she got the hang of that (about 9 months) we moved on to the harder top kind. But it's all in what you think your baby is ready for.
    ]
    Wifey to: Pickels & *his itty bitty* & crinklemynosey & gc_butterfly88&blondy0903
  6. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    We didn't start Alexis til about 9 months.. we tried earlier, but she wasn't having it. She started REALLY using it when she was bout 10 months old, and now that's all she uses. She only takes 1 bottle a day, and she barely drinks that. If you feel ready to introduce it, then do it!

We showed Alexis how to use it by "drinking" from the cup ourselves. Eventually, she got the point and she realized how to use it.

7. Senior Member
    We started at around 11 months with just water. But DD hardly ever gets juice and I plan on keeping it that way. I didn't rush it and when she was 12 months old I started putting her formula in sippy cups and just got rid of bottles cold turkey and when she realized her formula was in there she learned real quick. It just took a little while to find a sippy cup she really liked at first now she'll take any cup or sippy cup. Good luck!

8. Finally Happy <3
    Finally Happy &amp;amp;lt;3
    ped suggested we introduce it at 6 months so we did and he got the hang of it and then didnt want it anymore - now he only likes the ones with straws or his own water bottle.. which makes a lovely mess..
    Gearing up for deployment #2
  9. To die and come back as a leotard?
    To die and come back as a leotard?
    Blog Entries
    I put a few in his "toy box" at like 9 months so he wuld play with them and get used to them. At around 11-12 months I just started giving him his formula in the sippy and water in the bottle. Now he hates the bottle..... lol But he LOVES water.... I dont get it
  10. X
    X
    6 months and with Kaia we started straight with a straw sippy, much easier that the regular sippy cups. I would always put a little water for the girls to practice with, we don't do juice at all.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast