Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DEERS

1. Senior Member

DEERS

Advertisements
    So when do we have to put them in the system? Hayley was born off base(there is no OB here) and we where told to bring the paperwork we have to DEERs to get her put in. DH just called and DEERS told them that they have to have her SSN and Birth Certificate first. That doesnt sound right to me, but I know that DEERS changes their rules all the time, so maybe that is how it works now.
  2. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    We put DD on Deers the day after she was discharged from the hospital. They put her in with just the paperwork from the hospital, then I went and updated after I got her BC and social. I wanted it taken care of ASAP, because he was deploying..

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

3. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

You have to have a paper from the hospital for tricare, but other than that you don't need the birth certificate or SS# to add them. They have to be in the system within 60 days.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    You have to have a paper from the hospital for tricare, but other than that you don't need the birth certificate or SS# to add them. They have to be in the system within 60 days.
    Thats what I thought, and we have the paperwork to put her in Tricare, including all the stuff from the hospital. I guess Ill have Dh call back.
  5. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kimly View Post
    Thats what I thought, and we have the paperwork to put her in Tricare, including all the stuff from the hospital. I guess Ill have Dh call back.

I know for us it usually takes more than 60 days to even get that SS card in the mail
  6. Senior Member
    DH went to post and enrolled both of ours before the boys and I were even discharged (civilian hospital). All he needed was the certificate of live birth the hospital had given us.
  7. Senior Member
    We needed the birth certificate and social security card before we could add DS.

8. X
    X
    My DH enrolled both girls the day after they were born, they had an office at the hospital.
  9. Senior Member
    This is how it works.

When you to go PSD, and the VOs will add your daughter. You must have her "certificate of live birth" (from the hospital) and that will work, just to get her in.

Your daughter will be assigned a "temporary PIN" which will "act" in place of her SS# until you get her SS card. Once you get her card, you need to take it back to PSD and they will delete the temp. PIN and put her social in.

Now, your DH needs to do all of this, unless you have a PoA and then you can do it.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GuamALlama View Post
    This is how it works.

When you to go PSD, and the VOs will add your daughter. You must have her "certificate of live birth" (from the hospital) and that will work, just to get her in.

Your daughter will be assigned a "temporary PIN" which will "act" in place of her SS# until you get her SS card. Once you get her card, you need to take it back to PSD and they will delete the temp. PIN and put her social in.

Now, your DH needs to do all of this, unless you have a PoA and then you can do it.
    yup. they wouldn't even let me add her ssn to the record later w/o DH or POA.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast