Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Jogging Strollers?

1. Senior Member

Jogging Strollers?

Advertisements
    I'm not a mom yet but I thought this section would be more appropriate to place this question
    I haven't ran since I found out I was pregnant and I'm DYING to. How old do babies have to be to be put in a jogging stroller? All the bouncing around I cant see it being good for an infant. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not taking it off road or anything just on the sidewalks in our neighborhood. Also it's hotter than hell here, what about that? Is there like a time limit to jog with a baby in a stroller so they dont get hurt from the heat?
    Edit: Also, is it ok to have a double jogging stroller with only one child in it? We are probably going to TTC #2 when DH gets back from deployment late next year so I thought I'd just buy a double.
  2. Senior Member
    anyone???
  3. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    i dont know but i'm itching to use my jogging stroller too
  4. You Can't Hear The Music Until You Dance
    You Can't Hear The Music Until You Dance
    Parents Magazine just ran an article on this last month - and it said not until they are at least 6 months old, because the bounce of a jogging stroller can have the same effect on a newborn as "shaken baby syndrome" But even then you have to be careful to make sure they aren't jolted too much in the stroller, or you can cause neck damage! It's scary to think about, huh?

We have a jogger (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3299773) which we used from day - but obviously we didn't JOG with him in there. (And btw: this stroller will rock your world. It's amazing)
  5. Senior Member
    I heard you have to wait awhile too because of all the bouncing and risk of shaken baby syndrome. With the heat issue when DD was an infant and we'd go on walks during the summer I'd try to make it super early in the morning or late at night and not more than 30-45 mins because it was just so hot. But that's what I felt comfortable with I never asked the dr. about that one

6. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    I don't know how old they have to be but we have one that works with a car seat. I haven't been running though, I normally just do a lot of walking with that stroller. Looking online, it says that you need to wait until the baby has very good head control (6-10 months) before jogging with baby. You could always get a jogging stroller and just walk with the baby until they are old enough for you to run with them. Or get your DH to watch the baby while you run, if you want to run that bad. But do keep in mind after you have him that you're not supposed to do strenuous exercise until after 6 weeks and that's with a vaginal birth. A c-section, I believe, is longer.
  7. Senior Member
    i was planning on getting DH to watch him while i got to the gym but he works constantly i'm screwed. thanks for the info.
  8. Senior Member
    6 months min. for jogging

You can get a double, but they are very large and cumbersome. It will throw you off balance a little only having one baby in there, unless you get the double stoller that is stack on top style: http://www.philandteds.com/vibe_index.htm