Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eff this. supplementing and bf'ing

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

eff this. supplementing and bf'ing

Advertisements
    i've been having to supplement with bottles the last week or so b/c my supply went down when i got sick and now i'm hving to buiild supply back up. well, i hate it. muffin doesn't nurse as well now that she's been getting bottles more. i always bf first then give her a bottle after if she's still hungry and i'm empty, and she doesn't get that many, but usually at least one a day and i think she's confused now. nursing has turned into a wrestling match with her screaming and crying and me wanting to pull my hair out and cry. any advice from those who have btdt?
  2. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

What kind of bottles are you using?

Zayne did really well going back and forth with the Adiri bottles, but after a while he got lazy and liked the faster flow of the bottle which really hurt my supply and ultimately ended me breastfeeding him just shy of 5 months old . This time I'm going to try harder I really want to make it to a year.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Playtex Drop-ins. I have been happy with them. I like being able to squeeze the air out to decrease how much air she's getting when she has to take a bottle. besides, clean up is easy and quick.
  4. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Honestly the best way to get your supply back up is to stop supplementing. You should be putting her the breast often to get things going again. It should only take up to 3 days to get things back to normal. Check out this link...

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...abbatical.html
    Last edited by Daysgoby; 06-23-2009 at 09:21 AM.
  5. Photographer in Southern CA
    Photographer in Southern CA
    Blog Entries

If you stop with the bottle, its the fastest way to get your milk back. You will go back to BFing every hour or two because youre low, but in a week or so you should be back up enough to make it through the day, possibly try a bottle before bed for sleeping, and then the morning feeding will be a really good one
  6. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread View Post
    Playtex Drop-ins. I have been happy with them. I like being able to squeeze the air out to decrease how much air she's getting when she has to take a bottle. besides, clean up is easy and quick.

That's what we use right now. Those are what I started using when I had the issues with him getting less interested in breastfeeding
  7. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    I also use the breastflow bottles from the first years and they require the baby to latch the same way. Bella has no problem with those.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoPrincess View Post
    Honestly the best way to get your supply back up is to stop supplementing. You should be putting her the breast often to get things going again. It should only take up to to get things back to normal. Check out this link...

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...abbatical.html

breastmilk production is based on demand so unless you supplement by pumping and giving corn muffin the breastmilk your supply will not increase again. Try some of the things that increase productions (mothers milk etc)
  9. Senior Member
    I took fenugreek to help keep my supply up for Lee after I went back to work. It worked pretty well for me.
  10. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    i used the breastflow bottles when i was in the hospital. when i got out, we had NO problems going back to breast.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast