Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: how do you play with a 2 month old?

1. Silence is golden duct tape is silver :)
    Silence is golden duct tape is silver :)

how do you play with a 2 month old?

Advertisements
    i talk to him, kinda sing to him, don't want to scare him. we discovered yhe mobile what else?
  2. You Can't Hear The Music Until You Dance
    You Can't Hear The Music Until You Dance
    Oh, man, I remember at that age I had no idea how to entertain him.
    I used to show him picture books that had little to no words.
    I would shake rattles in fornt of his face and get him to follow them with his eyes.
    I would take him out for walks in the stroller.
    I would touch his nose and say "Nose" and then my nose and repeat, then his nose and say "Wesley's nose" and then my nose and say "Mummy's nose" and then repeat with other body parts.
    I had NO idea. I don't even know if what I suggested was right
  3. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    With Dawson we do tummy time and he has a playmat that is fun to do both on tummy and on back. It has the rattles and things to reach for. He also has a bouncy chair. He loves sitting in my lap and we look at things around the house, pictures and random things that catch his attention. I talk to him tons, ask him questions and then pause like I was waiting for a response. Play patty cake and and just laugh and giggle.

It is pretty hit or miss though. If he doesn't feel like it or isn't into it....then there just isn't talking him into it.

4. Senior Member
    John Duncan does tummy time, plays under the baby gym, plays with the animals that dangle over his bouncy seat, watches his mobile, and looks at himself in a mirror. I talk to him a ton, make silly faces at him, play music for him, and read to him A LOT.
  5. Silence is golden duct tape is silver :)
    Yep i do the telling him body parts and animals that come visit him. and of course who i am and who daddy is.
  6. Senior Member
    I really don't.

I put her on her mat for exercise... and she sits next to me in her vibrat-y seat that's next to the computer. That's about it.

I talk to her tons, and if I'm in the mood, I'll tickle her/play with her arms/feet, but for the most part, she just kinda chills.

She likes to be a bum.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I like laying him down and sitting near him and just talking to him and singing little songs. I touch his tummy, feet, hands and cheeks and he is starting to smile. There's not really much you can do with them at that age, but he seems to love looking at me and hearing my voice.
  8. Silence is golden duct tape is silver :)
    well then i don't feel so bad about not really entertaining him while he is awake. i mean i have him on the bed in his boppy pillow with me and he is turned so he can look at me and at the tv. (he watches tv) i found this site that tells you some exercises you can do with themhttp://www.babiestoday.com/articles/...builders-2799/
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I didn't really play with Molly either... didn't know what to do and she didn't care to pay super close attention.

I talk to her a lot and sing to her. I show her toys and books and read her stories. I hold her a lot. I kiss her a ton... now that she can smile and laugh, kissing her belly during diaper changes is clearly the funniest thing EVER to her. I play with her feet and bring them to her face (smell your feet! always makes her laugh)

She'd get set down a lot though at 2 months... or just held... she didn't want to do much... she is just starting to get fun.

I doubt you'll scare your baby though. He just wants to know you are there.. and doing things that help develop his brain are great. colors, shapes, different feels/materials, songs... He knows nothing of the world... all you need to do is start showing him... he'll love it even if you can't tell yet.