Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sitting & crawling???

1. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!

Help sitting & crawling???

Advertisements
    so Lo shows little interest in doing either. occasionally he acts like he want to sit up. but NO attempt or anything at crawling. he doesn't even pull his legs up under him. is there any way i can start to encourage him to sit and crawl. anything i can do to help him with it. i realize he's still a little young for crawling. i just figured he would be experimenting a little with it by now. i feel like i missed something important. like i'm not doing something i SHOULD be doing. soooo any advice would be greatly welcomed! please and thank you!
  2. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    David isn't interested in crawling either. He is sitting but not rolling so Yesterday the Dr. was saying some babies just completely skip certain milestones and as long as he is doing other stuff not to worry. I would talk to his Dr. just to put your mind at ease.
  3. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Each baby develops differently. DD didn't sit by herself until she was 7 almost 8 months and was only just crawling then, and not properly either (she's 10 mths and still not crawling properly), she crawls on her tummy. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about.

4. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    i'm more concerned with the sitting. i will def be asking at his next appt
  5. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

will he sit at all? At DD's 6 mths the dr asked me how long she would sit before falling to the side. I said 3 secs and he said she would be sitting by herself soon and not to stress about it.

6. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    ohhh that is good to hear!!! we have been doing alot of assisted sitting and then trying to let him go. he can stay for a few seconds before he falls or slumps. so i guess i can stop worrying about that then! thank you! you rock!
  7. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Jackson didnt sit by himself until he was 7- 71/2 mons. He was more into rolling, i think, at that age!
  8. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    at 5 months he just isn't steady enough. I wouldn't worry about it.
    my son never crawled. he just stood up and then started walking at 9 months. however my youngest didn't walk till almost a year.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

9. Seabee Wife
    Seabee Wife
    Sophia is 5 months old, she will be 6 months on the 21st. She just started sitting this week. Prior to it she didn't seem to show any signs and then she was just doing it. She still doesn't crawl. She can roll, and can do some scooting, mostly backwards but it's a start. If she's anything like her sister she won't show any signs she'll just do it all of a sudden with just about every milestone. Keep in mind, your son may never crawl. Some children don't. My brother and I only crawled for about 3 weeks. We were very proficient rollers and then we were walkers. We were rolling as a main mode of transportation between 6 and 7 months and were early walkers at about 10 months. We did everything closely because we are twins. Each child is different. My girls are very different. Your son will do things in his own time. As for what to do to encourage, I always liked the monkey method. Monkey see, monkey do, start crawling on the floor around him. Do things one step ahead of what he's doing. Show him the movements. He'll get it in time.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Emma was 5 1/2 months before she started sitting up on her own and started crawling at 9 months....My friends baby didn't start sitting up till 8 months...Just give him time he'll learn...he may never crawl..some babies skip that all together
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast