Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: lactating.. help please!

1. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries

Help lactating.. help please!

Advertisements
    So I'm not BFing J, and I know it's normal to leak a bit after you give birth. For the past few days I've been leaking, which okay, whatever I just wear the nursing pads. Well, today I took off my sweatshirt and my tank top was SOAKED.

DH pointed it out, and I was like oh maybe it's just sweat and DH was like I don't think so.. not in that pattern, so I looked and I leaked threw the nursing pads completely. I just put them on this morning when I woke up.

I never leaked like this with Alexis, only just a VERY little bit, and I BF her while we were in the hospital.

So basically, my questions are:
    - Is it normal to leak THAT much?
    - What can I do to stop producing milk?

2. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

with jackson, i wrapped my boobs up in an ace bandage at night after my shower and use an ice pack on them for about 30mins. I did this every night for about 2 weeks, i guess. I also did NOT let the shower water hit them and i did not touch them or anything. That's how i did mine with jack.
  3. Senior Member
    my dr. told me tylenol would help to dry me up quicker

4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    with jackson, i wrapped my boobs up in an ace bandage at night after my shower and use an ice pack on them for about 30mins. I did this every night for about 2 weeks, i guess. I also did NOT let the shower water hit them and i did not touch them or anything. That's how i did mine with jack.
    I agree with this.
  5. Senior Member
    cabbage leaves on each breast will help dry them. DONT pump because that will cause you to produce more. If anything hand express a little to relieve the pressure.
  6. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Yes it's normal.

When I didn't BF my oldest 3 I dried out in 2 weeks and I didn't do the whole wrapping thing.
  7. Senior Member
    I wrapped with 2 ace bandages and wore a sports bra. The only time I took any of it off was to take a shower, and I didn't let the water hit them.

I was completely leak free 3 days after my milk came in. I could still get some junk out if I squeezed up until about a month ago, but now, the girls are as dry as the Sahara desert!
  8. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    Thanks ladies.. I've been wearing a sports bra 24/7 esp since my girls are on the large side! I'll try out the cabbage leaves later on today after my shower. I don't have any pressure or pain or anything, it's more of an annoyance than anything.

9. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    I leaked that much and it sucked. There isn't much you can do. i had to quit bfing because Dawson has really bad reflux and couldn't keep breastmilk down so i just had to quit pumping and obviously feeding. It hurt and it leaked really bad but after about 2 days it started going away and within 4 or 5 days it didn't leak anymore unless you were squeezing it out.

10. *
    I leaked a lot too. I just wore a sports bra and instead of nursing pads I used like..pad, pads. I just put 2 across my boobs, put the sports bra on and I didn't leak again.