Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: c-section?

1. Senior Member

c-section?

Advertisements
    How many pills did you get after you left the hospital?

This time I was only given 15 hydrocodine's that I take one or two(depending on the pain) once every 4 hours and 15 600mg Motrin that I take once every 6 hours) today is 5 days since I had Hayley and I have already ran out of the Hydrocodines(the narcotics) and have about 4-5 Motrin left.

Last year when I had the C-section I was given 30 percocites and 30 1000 Motrin.... I hope he gives me more when I go to see him on Thursday, but until then I dont know what I'm going to do. Im in such pain, this c-section was totally different and hurts so much more than last years.

BTW- Its a civilian doctor this year, last year was a military doctor...
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I was given enough percoset to last three days (not sure how many it was) and enough motrin to last a lifetime. I was in MASSIVE pain for days after I ran out of percoset, but I ran out on Thanksgiving Day, so the doctor's office was closed for the next three days after that and they can't order refills of narcotics over the phone. It was miserable. I hope your doc will give you more! My doctor's after-hours nurse line (civi doc) said they would write me a refill when the office opened back up, but by the time it did I didn't need them. So hopefully yours will be ok with giving you a refill!
  3. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    I was given a scrip for Tylenol 3, but never filled it. I was lucky and didn't really have pain, so I didn't take anything after I was discharged. If you're running low on pain meds, call the dr. and ask for either something different or get a refill on your current scrip. There's no reason for you to be miserable. Your incision isn't really red and inflamed is it?

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

4. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    I took 800mg Motrin and had a script for enough percoset to last about a week or so.

But i felt great and quit taking the percoset about 3 or 4 days after having him.

5. Senior Member
    You girls are superwomen! I felt like that after the c-section last year. I think I only took pain meds when needed after about 4 days.... this time I dont know if its the extra scar tissue or what but its a killer.