Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: worried mama

1. Senior Member

Neutral worried mama

Advertisements
    At Carters appt they noticed a heart murmer, the doctor described it as "pretty prominent" . They ordered an xray, and he has an ekg on friday.He has a cardiologist appt in a couple of weeks. Im aware that isnt always something bad, but Im worried. Heart problems run in both sides of the family, and I just want him to be okay. Just please spare us some .

But besides that, he has gained 1 pound and 1 ounce in just a 2 weeks!!! He weighs 9.3 now!! The doctor was impressed by how much he is "talking" and smiling.
  2. One thing I've learned about life: It goes on.
    One thing I've learned about life: It goes on.
    Many to you and Carter!

So glad to hear he's gaining weight and "talking"!
  3. Senior Member

Lil' bebe had an EKG, an echocardiogram, an upper GI tract test done, 4 sets of chest xrays... so if you need anything (or just wanna go "oh shit), drop me a PM. I've definitely been there.

4. Formerly known as stapletonlove
    Formerly known as stapletonlove
    Wow hes getting to be an adorable big boy!

5. Senior Member
    he's getting so big and smiley-ish! i'm sorry about the possible problem hun on the bright side, the reason a lot of heart conditions become fatal is that they go undiagnosed. if there is a real problem, you guys can have it addressed and treated effectively for the future hopefully
  6. Senior Member
    I hope everything turns out a-okay!
  7. Senior Member
    Good luck. I hope everything turns out okay!

8. Finally Happy <3
    Finally Happy &amp;amp;lt;3
    My Carter has a 'very prominent' heart murmur as well, and we go to the cardiologist every few months hoping for change but he continues to have it, as well as 2 small holes in his heart (causing the murmur) ... I was very worried at the beginning, but he is growing strong and healthy, and seemingly has no side effects from the murmur and his doctors do not see any reason to intervene..

I hope this is the case for you, that it is a minor issue that will heal itself, or cause no harm!! (Also, from my many visits i learned that if the murmur is very prominent (or loud) that is a good thing because it means if it is caused from small holes in his heart or something, that the holes are very small and a lot of air is trying to fit through a small hole, causing the louder sound..... I know this may not be the same situation, but just something I found comforting when I was dealing with this at the beginning!) Also, its hard to watch them go through EKG's and such, but just remember its not hurting them

Sorry this turned into a book, just brought back memories of the day I walked into the NICU and he had an EKG machine hooked up to him and I had no idea there was a heart issue, and i cried like a baby for days!
    Gearing up for deployment #2
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My younger brother was diagnosed with a heart murmur at birth and aside from having to take medicine when he goes to the dentist, he's a healthy happy(taller than his 21 yr old sister) 14 year old. I hope everything works out okay
  10. Senior Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast