Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Afriad of the dark?

1. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries

Help Afriad of the dark?

Advertisements
    J is only 6 days old, but we've noticed that she sleeps better with the lights on, especially at night. She will fuss/cry if she's in her bassinet and the lights are off, but once we turn the lights on, she falls asleep.

She will fall asleep while I feed her and/or burp her with the lights on, and I'll put her in her bassinet and shut off the lights, and she'll instantly wake up within a few minutes of putting her down. If we wait about half an hour or so to shut off the lights, she won't wake up, but it sucks cause I'll want to go to sleep, but can't when the lights are on.

Could she be afraid of the dark? It just seems that's the only reason she'll wake up.

2. Senior Member
    Carter doesnt like complete darkness either it seems, we have a pretty bright nightlight in the room.

When I feed/burp him before bed I do it with just the nightlight on so I dont startle him by shutting the lights off when he isnt in my arms. Seems to be working.
  3. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    Carter doesnt like complete darkness either it seems, we have a pretty bright nightlight in the room.

When I feed/burp him before bed I do it with just the nightlight on so I dont startle him by shutting the lights off when he isnt in my arms. Seems to be working.
    We have the TV on usually, and the kitchen is right outside our door, and that light is always on. So it's not like it's COMPLETE darkness, it's just dark. Maybe she's just a little crazy Maybe I'll try keeping the fish tank light on at all times, and see if that helps.

4. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries

5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Our son RARELY slept in the dark...

We always had a night light of some sort. Our favorite night light to date is the Tyke Light.
  6. Senior Member
    We sleep with the tv on and also have a nightlight too. He does pretty good with it.

7. Silence is golden duct tape is silver :)
    Silence is golden duct tape is silver :)
    we had to sleep with the light on for a couple of days, then moved to this lamp that you use on an office desk that raises up and down (which was more for me when i change him at night) and finally we are just down to the night light on the baby monitor (that we really can't see)