Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: He hates tummy time

1. Silence is golden duct tape is silver :)
    Silence is golden duct tape is silver :)

He hates tummy time

Advertisements
    He has great head support cause i do "tummy time" on me instead of on the floor cause he will just get too frustrated after almost 2 mins of being on the floor but when he is on me we can do it for a while

he still bobble heads it but it is getting better but when he is on his tummy on the floor he can hold it up a bit but not for long periods of time like when he is perched on me or my shoulder kwim?

also i think he is getting a flat spot on his head or could that just be his soft spot on the back of his head? how do you know?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Miss k always hated tummy time. His soft spot is on top of his head but he could be developing a flat spot on his head if he always lays on his back. Try putting him on his side by either using a sleep positioner or a rolled up towel behind his back to stop him from rolling back in his back
  3. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    its probably a flat spot. ds has one that i can NOT get rid of! and i had a hard time finding the soft spot on the back of his head. they are so much smaller than the one on the top. ds used to love tummy time, then hated it, now we're getting back to liking it some. i put him on his tummy until he gets fussy, let him fuss for a min or two, then flip him over and play. just do it more often through out the day for shorter periods of time
  4. Silence is golden duct tape is silver :)
    how long will it take to go away?
  5. Silence is golden duct tape is silver :)
    a flat spot -feel like a hole at the back of the head???
  6. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

honestly, if you think he is getting a flat spot, START right now with putting him into different positions to sleep, like on his sides. Jackson had a horrible flat spot bc he LOVED to face just one direction. It rounded out some but you can still tell if you look at him closely that he had one.

as for tummy time- jack hated it too. i used to lay on the floor with him and talk to him, rub his back and encourage him to "play" etc.
  7. Senior Member
    Carter hates tummy time too. Its frustrating for them because those muscles arent strong yet so it takes a lot of work for them to lift their head off the floor or hold themselves up. The same way we get frustrated when we do something we arent strong enough to do. I do tummy time with him for just a couple minutes a day on the floor, and a little while on my chest. Im already seeing that he can stand to be on the floor longer because he is slowly building those muscles.

Carter has a horrible flat spot because he always looks to his left. He always faces the light, so I have started moving him so the light is on his right side and he is starting to look to the right now. That and positioning him on his side for naps while im sitting there, no improvement so far, but its only been about a week of doing all this.