Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Think She's Behind

1. Senior Member

I Think She's Behind

Advertisements
    Yes, yes, I know, "every baby is different", but I just can't shake this feeling that maybe I am doing something wrong.

Lil' bebe just hit 11 weeks old, and she's NOT:

Sleeping through the night. Not even close
    Grabbing onto things
    Eating a full bottle at one feeding
    Moving around all that much

This is what she IS doing:

Kinda schooching around, but pushes more up with her legs than moving around
    Smiling huge smiles at me
    Looking at everything
    "Talking"
    Holding her head up more, but still being a bobblehead sometimes too

I know, I know, "babies do different things at different times", but I just see all these posts on here, of babies younger than lil' bebe and everyone is doing so much better than her. It's frustrating.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    How much does she weigh right now. For some baby's, 12 lbs is the magic number as far as sleeping all night goes (and that's usually around the 3 month mark). Are you BFing or FFing? That can make a difference too. She should have a 4 month check up coming up, so if you are worried, mention it to the Dr. But, I'm sure she's okay. Yes, they are all different.

ETA: Allyson never ate a full bottle...ever. Your little one could be a grazer too.
  3. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    well hardly any bebe sleeps through the night that young. none of mine did till way later.
    and yes every baby is different, you can't compare to what other babies are doing. if you are really concerned then I would bring it up with the doctor. It sounds to me like she is right on track for an almost 3 month old.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    well hardly any bebe sleeps through the night that young. none of mine did till way later.
    and yes every baby is different, you can't compare to what other babies are doing. if you are really concerned then I would bring it up with the doctor. It sounds to me like she is right on track for an almost 3 month old.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *~Robyn~* View Post
    How much does she weigh right now. For some baby's, 12 lbs is the magic number as far as sleeping all night goes (and that's usually around the 3 month mark). Are you BFing or FFing? That can make a difference too. She should have a 4 month check up coming up, so if you are worried, mention it to the Dr. But, I'm sure she's okay. Yes, they are all different.

ETA: Allyson never ate a full bottle...ever. Your little one could be a grazer too.
    A grazer. I could see her doing that.

Last time she was at the doctor (last month) she was 9lbs, 4oz... she's a scrawny thing. Takes after her daddy. Lucky dude.

I'm FFing... always have been.

She hasn't even had her "official" 2 month check up yet. We're on a "go to the doctor once a month" schedule, so we're going in two weeks. I'll ask then. I just wanted to make sure that I dunno, I wasn't being all and ask things when I should just be doing and being done with it.
  6. I'm Only A Little Crazy
    I'm Only A Little Crazy
    All of mine slept through the night within the first week or so but that's really not the "norm". Some people say that their children still don't sleep through the night at close to a year. As far as the feeding..some just don't eat as much as others. I think she sounds fine but I'm sure if it's still bugging ya you can bring it up the next time you go to the dr.
  7. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    DS is a week short of 5 months and still not sleeping through the night, nor is he rolling over. He eats like a champ and sits up but none of the other 'normal' stuff. The Dr. said there really doesn't seem to be anything at all to worry about, he just isn't interested in those things.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure she is fine but like everyone else said, if your worried ask her doctor. Ava has always been a little slower than others her age. I've always worried about it but she just does things in her own time.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    first off it is 100% NORMAL to not have them sleep through the night at 11 weeks. they are 11 weeks, they are still adjusting to the world! DD is 18 months and not sleeping through the night.
    The rest, it sounds like she's fine honestly if you are concerned talk to the dr. and see if they suggest some things for you to do. i don't really remember her reaching and grabbing things at 11 weeks.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    she is only 3 months old-
    she should NOT be
    sleeping the night-
    grabbing or reaching
    holding her head
    scooching

she should be:
    tracking- watching things from left to right and a little up and down ( but mostly L to R)
    smiling
    cooing
    eatng 4-6 ounces at a feeding
    feeding from 2-4 hours 24/7

she MAY be doing :
    raising her hands to her mouth
    kicking her feet
    holding her head up for a few seconds or a minute at a time
    reaching towards your face
    mimicking mouth actions

if you google growth charts you can find a list of " Norms" but remember babies can range 2-4 months in growth charts and normal is just a word
    used to help guide parents and doctors to catch delays early if they are present.

it really sounds as if your DD is doing just fine.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast