Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He just doesn't nap. Period.

1. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce

He just doesn't nap. Period.

Advertisements
    He won't! It's 1pm and we've been up since 5:30am. He slept for about a half hour, woke up, ate another bottle, and just relaxed. Half the time he cries, half the time he's just content. He's soooo into this "attentive wide-eyed, lets look at everything" stage that he refuses to sleep.

I want a nap.
  2. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    I am sorry. Have you tried laying with him? That used to be the only way Bella would nap for me the first couple months.

Will he sit in his swing? You could nap on the couch while he is content there.
  3. Senior Member
    How much does he sleep at night? Maybe he is sleeping so much at night he wont need a nap for a while?

I agree with having him nap next to you, I can sometimes get Carter to nap next to me when he is being a crazy man.
  4. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce
    He wont nap next to me, only if I'm holding him and walking around. And the second I put him down, give it five minutes and he's wide awake again! I've tried laying him on my chest so we could both nap but he keeps picking his bobblehead up and looking around, gradually squirming to the point where he wants to be up and about. The swing is a hit or miss for us...I could try it. The bouncer sure as hell didn't work though.

I blame me for this one. My dad said that I never napped either.
  5. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by devilwhiterose View Post
    He wont nap next to me, only if I'm holding him and walking around. And the second I put him down, give it five minutes and he's wide awake again! I've tried laying him on my chest so we could both nap but he keeps picking his bobblehead up and looking around, gradually squirming to the point where he wants to be up and about. The swing is a hit or miss for us...I could try it. The bouncer sure as hell didn't work though.

I blame me for this one. My dad said that I never napped either.
    I feel like i wrote this.
    Dawson is the same way and I have yet to find the magic cure. He doesn't nap except for a half hour here or there in the morning or in my arms. But the second I put him down let the tears start flowing. Very frustrating.

he hates the swing, can only stand his bouncy chair for so long, and is even now just always wanting to be held and standing. He cries if i hold him while on the couch. It is exhausting!

6. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce
    It is now 4:00pm and he has slept a total of one hour since 5:30am. He better sleep like a rock tonight!!!
  7. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"
    Peanut has those days too. Usually she sleeps for a while the next day.
    I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!
  8. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    One thing you might try is white noise. I started it with Bella around 4 weeks and it has been a life saver! I bought the CD from the happiest baby on the block but you could just go to walmart and get a CD with ocean noises or a rainstorm and it will be about the same. I also swaddle her and that helps her stay asleep a lot. I hope you get some rest soon!
  9. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Have you tried letting him sleep on his tummy? That sometimes work with Matt. But most of the time Matt wants to sleep on his side facing the back of the couch. He wants to be right up against the couch too. I just check him often so that he doesn't smother himself. It takes him falling asleep on me though and then putting him down to get him to stay asleep.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Molly will ONLY nap with her soothie and a blanket to hold in her own bed with nothing to distract her.

She also sleeps a LOT less during growth spurts. I had a day once where from 8am to 10pm, she slept for only an hour total. It was awful!

ETA: we use a sound machine too to help her sleep.. it has water noises and we keep it on the stream setting for her. She will also only sleep on her side. Her back and she stares around and her tummy and she freaks out. Sometimes I have to walk around with her for a bit too to get her to calm down enough to sleep.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast