Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Why is he all of a sudden so needy?

1. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!

Why is he all of a sudden so needy?

Advertisements
    Matt has always been a high demand baby when it came to being held. He wants all of the attention. He doesn't cry much as long as you're at least talking to him. Well, in the past week his neediness has gone up a notch or two or ten. He has to be held ALL the time. I've always held him until he fell asleep and then put him in his crib. Normally he wakes up for a second and then goes to back to sleep but for the past few days he'll wake up and take a whole hour to go back to sleep with me going in every 10 minutes to assure him that I'm here and calm him down. Then he wakes up two or three times at night, I have to go calm him down before he'll go back to sleep. It's like he needs to make sure I didn't leave. During the day he doesn't want to be put down. I even have to hold him while eating. I just don't understand what's going on with him.
  2. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Maybe he's teething?!?

Ethan is very clingy when he doesn't feel well. It drives me nuts, but makes me feel good that he needs *me* to make himself comfortable...
  3. Silence is golden duct tape is silver :)
    Silence is golden duct tape is silver :)
    awwwwww
  4. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Maybe he's teething?!?

Ethan is very clingy when he doesn't feel well. It drives me nuts, but makes me feel good that he needs *me* to make himself comfortable...
    Well he is teething but he has been for about two weeks now. I don't know if it's because they are coming down more or what. Oh, I love when he wants to snuggle. Like when he's not sleeping but we just lay in the recliner and snuggle, it makes me feel wonderful that I can calm him by just cuddling with him. It's the times that I need to do things like eating that it gets a little frustrating.