Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Car seat vs Convertable car seat

  1. Senior Member
    Evelyn's Avatar
    Evelyn is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,121
    #1

    Car seat vs Convertable car seat

    Advertisements
    I have both. I have the one that came with the travel system which is the one I have been using.
    The convertable car seat I also bought before he was born so when he grows out of the travel system car seat I already have the convertable one.
    Im going to Chicago in a few weeks.
    Its a 24 hour car trip and I want him to be comfortable as much as possible.So I have a question.
    Which should I take with me?
    The car seat he's been using fits him like this:


    He still has room on the top and his feet stick out a just little.
    Another question was if you are using a convertable car seat is it hard to take out and put into another car?
    The thing I like about the car seat Im using now is its easy to do that. I dont have to take the base out of the main car.
    I just use the seat belt.
    This is the convertable I have
    http://www.target.com/First-Years-Tr...e=1&rh=&page=1
  2. Happy wife...happy life!
    Victoria's Avatar
    Victoria is offline
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,347
    #2
    How many pounds is Jovanni?!
  3. ------------------
    JRal's Avatar
    JRal is offline
    ------------------
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nunya ;)
    Posts
    1,355
    #3
    IMO, I would just keep him in the car seat he is in now. I don't think it will make a difference to him. It has been 5 years since I've had a rear-facing little guy, so maybe things have changed, but those can be a royal PITA to install rear-facing!! That is the main reason I suggest his current seat for travel.
  4. Happy wife...happy life!
    Victoria's Avatar
    Victoria is offline
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,347
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by JRalston View Post
    IMO, I would just keep him in the car seat he is in now. I don't think it will make a difference to him. It has been 5 years since I've had a rear-facing little guy, so maybe things have changed, but those can be a royal PITA to install rear-facing!! That is the main reason I suggest his current seat for travel.
    Which is why we have 2 car seats for Ethan. 1 for my car and the other for my husband's car.
  5. Senior Member
    MadlyDeeplyTruly's Avatar
    MadlyDeeplyTruly is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Me: Near Ft Hood Him: Iraqistan
    Posts
    952
    #5
    As small is he is, I'd probably keep him in the seat you're currently using. My convertible seat is very easy to swap between cars. Pop open a latch on the shoulder area, put the seat belt through it and then when he climbs in, fasten it.
  6. I'm Awesome
    IMakeLotsaBabies's Avatar
    IMakeLotsaBabies is offline
    I'm Awesome
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    48,426

    #6
    I'd leave him in that one. To properly install a larger seat and have to remove and redo it between cars is a pain in the butt. He fits fine in that one

    We have one of the larger infant seats and I'm pretty sure Zayne wont have a problem fitting in it until he is 1. it's goes up to 30lbs and 32 inches tall.
  7. I'm Awesome
    IMakeLotsaBabies's Avatar
    IMakeLotsaBabies is offline
    I'm Awesome
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    48,426

    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MadlyDeeplyTruly View Post
    As small is he is, I'd probably keep him in the seat you're currently using. My convertible seat is very easy to swap between cars. Pop open a latch on the shoulder area, put the seat belt through it and then when he climbs in, fasten it.
    That sounds like you're using yours as a booster.
  8. ------------------
    JRal's Avatar
    JRal is offline
    ------------------
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nunya ;)
    Posts
    1,355
    #8
    One other thought...
    Do you know what car you will be driving? The convertible seats can be a really tight fit, when rear-facing, in some cars.
  9. I'm Awesome
    IMakeLotsaBabies's Avatar
    IMakeLotsaBabies is offline
    I'm Awesome
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    48,426

    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JRalston View Post
    One other thought...
    Do you know what car you will be driving? The convertible seats can be a really tight fit, when rear-facing, in some cars.

    That's true and he has to be rear facing until at least 1.
  10. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    airmanssweetie's Avatar
    airmanssweetie is offline
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    McChord AFB, WA
    Posts
    35,614


    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    That's true and he has to be rear facing until at least 1.

    I thought it was 2 now?


    I'd keep him in the carrier, he still has some ways to grow
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •