Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: When did you put them in their own room?

1. Senior Member

Question When did you put them in their own room?

Advertisements
    Carter sleeps in his moses basket right next to my bed. Its convenient because he wants eat a couple times a night still, and I just pick him up, nurse him while laying down, and put him back, all without getting out of bed

Ive been saying that once the movers bring all of our stuff, I will move him into his own room. Well, our stuff is coming friday, and I get nervous just thinking about him being so far away from me

When did you put your baby in their own room? I dont know what the norm is for this. Did you wait til they were a certain age? Did you wait til they were eating less at night?

I usually nurse him before he even cries at night, since I can hear him start to stir, and I look over and he is trying to eat the air so I know he is hungry. Its not much hassle. I feel like if he was in his own room it would turn into crying before I realized, and then it would be difficult to get him back to sleep Maybe I am making excuses. I am having anxiety just thinking about it. However, it would be nice for DH and I to actually have time together to be normal human beings.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    dd started the night in her room beginning around 9 months. she still spends some time in our room at night, usually early morning after 11 or 12. we are currently working on getting her to her room all night, she's 18 months
  3. Senior Member
    2 months exactly we waited til we moved into our new house to do it and she slept through the night the first night we put her in her own room

4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sunofabeach85 View Post
    2 months exactly we waited til we moved into our new house to do it and she slept through the night the first night we put her in her own room
    dd did too, not anymore lol it's like the first night was new so she'd try it out and then nope she was back to getting up once or twice haha
  5. Senior Member
    I was like you I had horrible anxiety about her being in her own room but that was something DH felt pretty strongly about. He told me from day one he didn't want her in our room longer than 2 months, he likes our room being our room.

6. I love my life!
    I love my life!
    DS wanted nothing to do with sleeping in the bassinet. So he was in our room for the first 2-3 nights then he was in his room. I just had the baby moniter so when he would start to stir I would go in there. It actually worked out really well for us to do it that way.
  7. Senior Member
    You should have her discuss that with Carter
  8. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    when he started only waking up once in the middle of the night to eat. I wasn't about to go in there multiple times a night.
  9. .boricua.
    .boricua.
    My neighbor just moved her newborn to his own room, he's about 6 weeks old

She says everyone's been sleeping better since they made the switch too.
  10. Senior Member
    I was like you I had horrible anxiety about her being in her own room but that was something DH felt pretty strongly about. He told me from day one he didn't want her in our room longer than 2 months, he likes our room being our room.
    DH says he doesnt mind, but all of the commotion every time I feed him or change his diaper wakes him right up. He is exhausted almost every day from it. If I did all of this in Carters room he wouldnt be woken up. However, I probably wouldnt fall back asleep after walking back and forth and everything. Its a lose lose situation.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast