Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: diaper disposal

1. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Question diaper disposal

Advertisements
    We originally had the Diaper Genie Elite and I loved it. I never smelled a diaper once. Unfortunately, it is made out of cheapo plastic and the lid busted. So, we bought another one. And not more then 2 weeks later the lid busts. I really don't think i'm that rough with it. I just step on the peddle, it is marketed as a hands free design so it isn't like i'm asking too much.

That is $80 spent on it and I wasn't going to throw any more of my money toward another one. So I got the Baby Trend disposal system. I'm not a fan of that either. First, it takes one if not two hands to get the diaper into the pail because you have to flip over the rotating lid, plus it smells to high heaven and i empty it all the time. it just permanetly smells.

So I was wondering what all of you are using? I'm curious if there is another system that may work better. Because this is just not cutting it....

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I just throw them in the trash. I take the trash out a couple times a day so the house doesn't smell. We had a diaper genie when W was little, but it was upstairs, and we were downstairs most of the time, so they just ended up in the trash anyway.
    If W has an exceptionally stinky one, I take it straight out to the outside trash.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We have the cheap one that you just use a garbage bag in it. It smells a bit but not bad.

Another thing you can do is just keep plastic bags near it and just put them in and when it gets 2 or a stinky one, out it goes.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed

I buy diaper bags from the Dollar Tree. I have a regular trash can next to the changing table and take the trash out everyday.
  5. Proud Navy Wife
    Proud Navy Wife
    Diaper Champ.. it uses regular trash bags.
  6. X
    X
    I have the regular pink Diaper Champ. I usually just put the pee diapers in and poop diapers usually go straight to the trash. I also sprinkle baking soda inside of the trash bag so it absorbs the smell.
  7. Senior Member
    I have this cheap "diaper genie wannabe" that I use. I use regular garbage bags for it, and I put in one of those "stick up" smelly thingies, and don't have a problem. I usually let it fill 'til it's full and then empty it... no smells, nothing. It's great. I it and it cost me $15.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Obvious View Post
    I just throw them in the trash. I take the trash out a couple times a day so the house doesn't smell. We had a diaper genie when W was little, but it was upstairs, and we were downstairs most of the time, so they just ended up in the trash anyway.
    If W has an exceptionally stinky one, I take it straight out to the outside trash.
    That's what we do too. We had a diaper pail and when you lifted the lid even when it was empty it was HORRIFIC. So we do it the free old fashioned way now

9. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

when he was a newborn, we just tossed them in the garbage. When he got bigger, we just put them in walmart bags and tossed them in the garbage. Now we just put them in walmart bags and take them outside to our big trash can.
  10. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    I'm way cheap. I save grocery bags and hang it from the closet door. I take it out daily, using the same bag to clean the litter box.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast