Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jelly belly

1. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Question Jelly belly

Advertisements
    Ok. I had been thinking this for quite some time but was frankly too embarassed just in case it wasn't the "norm" and i was just gross. But it came up in another thread so here goes....

The jelly belly. The deflated balloon of a tummy. The pooch of all pooches. Tell me this goes away? I realize it isn't going to just snap back in to place instantly but with a bit of exercise and eating right it should tighten up, right? I'm not talking necessarily about extra weight, just the lax muscle tone. It may differ between vaginal and C deliveries seeing as how muscle is cut with a C, but i'm just curious how other ladies dealt with this unsightlyness and how long it took to get rid of, or in the very least take the edge off, of this jiggly stuff.

It was horrendous right after I had Dawson but I have noticed it isn't quite as bad. Or maybe i'm just used to it. I honestly couldn't tell you. But paint it up with stretchmarks and you have one very self-concious body-hating hormonal mess of a woman. That would be me.

2. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    My pudge is back to what it was pre-baby. It took eating right and working out but I'm back to being comfortable with my body, excluding the stretchmarks. I'm still more "hippy" than I was before though. But I had a vaginal delivery so I don't know if that has anything to do with the tummy thing.
  3. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    it can go back, but it will take work with getting the muscle tone back. What you can't fix is if your skin is too stretched ( as in my case. ) then nothing will fix that other than tummy tuck.
    I had a c-section with my last, and now 6 years later i've finally lost almost all the baby weight from all the kids. but my tummy is still kinda flabby and yucky looking. but i've had 3 babies.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

4. Senior Member
    Ive got no idea, but it makes me want to Ive got a deflated balloon with stretch mark all over it, it makes me feel like crap.
  5. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    it can go back, but it will take work with getting the muscle tone back. What you can't fix is if your skin is too stretched ( as in my case. ) then nothing will fix that other than tummy tuck.
    I had a c-section with my last, and now 6 years later i've finally lost almost all the baby weight from all the kids. but my tummy is still kinda flabby and yucky looking. but i've had 3 babies.
    well i'm sure there is plenty of pudge in there to be lost but how do you know if it is just skin anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    Ive got no idea, but it makes me want to Ive got a deflated balloon with stretch mark all over it, it makes me feel like crap.
    i know hun. i'm with ya.

6. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon Marie View Post
    well i'm sure there is plenty of pudge in there to be lost but how do you know if it is just skin anymore?
    i know mine is skin because i can see its flabby and loose not like when I was heavier and there was more pudge kwim. I still have some fat, but even if I lose that my skin won't go back to smooth without help.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

7. Senior Member
    just work on the muscles and you can at least make the underneath tight. it will take more time than you think to get the skin to get back, if you can at all. Give it time and just work on the muscles. you still seem very early to worry about it (but i understand, i was the same way)
  8. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

It's different for everyone. My skin is so stretched out and such a mess there isn't anything I can do about the saggy skin I have other than getting a tummy tuck later on. I have stretch marks much worse than most people get.
  9. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by Potatocup View Post
    just work on the muscles and you can at least make the underneath tight. it will take more time than you think to get the skin to get back, if you can at all. Give it time and just work on the muscles. you still seem very early to worry about it (but i understand, i was the same way)
    good to know. i was just making sure that not everyone else snapped back after a couple weeks and what i have i have for life.

10. Finally Happy <3
    Finally Happy &amp;amp;lt;3
    Well, I worried about this, and the first few months all i wanted to do was cry, but a year later most of my strech marks are mostly faded and my tummy is back to better than pre baby (still not flat, but working on it! but it def wasnt flat when i got preggers)

so it CAN happen.. but your still early so it may take work but you will get there!!
    Gearing up for deployment #2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast