Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Won't settle down

1. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Help Won't settle down

Advertisements
    I don't know what has gotten into him but Dawson has been starteling really bad as of yesterday. Out of nowhere and for no reason at all he'll just flail in all directions. Also, when he is setteling down and i'm holding him he'll be just about asleep or actually make it asleep and then suddenly gets very agitated. He'll start grasping for anything his hands come across (usually my hair ) and start kicking his feet and wiggeling around. He doesn't really cry, sometimes fusses but most times not even. I don't know if he's in pain or uncomfortable or what, but he barely got any sleep last night because of it.

Anyone have any ideas? TIA.

2. Senior Member
    Carter also does the startle thing. He will just be sitting there and will all of a sudden flail in all directions like something spooked him.

When Carter starts acting agitated like you described ( he usually starts pulling and clawing at his face ) I usually swaddle him. But he does this during the day a lot too, and then I usually just hold him and try to distract him. Do you swaddle him at night?
  3. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    Carter also does the startle thing. He will just be sitting there and will all of a sudden flail in all directions like something spooked him.

When Carter starts acting agitated like you described ( he usually starts pulling and clawing at his face ) I usually swaddle him. But he does this during the day a lot too, and then I usually just hold him and try to distract him. Do you swaddle him at night?
    He used to love being swaddeled and now not so much. It just makes him even more mad. The starteling was even starting to go away compared to the beginning but now it happens out of nowhere. I might try and wrap him up next time but like I said, now days it seems to just pick a fight with the little guy.

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon Marie View Post
    He used to love being swaddeled and now not so much. It just makes him even more mad. The starteling was even starting to go away compared to the beginning but now it happens out of nowhere. I might try and wrap him up next time but like I said, now days it seems to just pick a fight with the little guy.
    Carter has a love hate relationship with swaddling too. He either calms right down or gets more fired up

Its definitely worth trying though.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon Marie View Post
    I hear you on the swaddling, Muffin has never loved it, even hated it in the hospital. She can't stand having her arms restricted.
  6. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"
    Peanut hates it for the first 15-20 seconds then she calms down. Although now she has gotten used to tummy time and seems to like that better and doesn't startle on her tummy.
    I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!