Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying clothes on...

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Sad Trying clothes on...

Advertisements
    was a spectactularly BAD idea. Well, pre clothes anyways. We are at Mom and Dad's again this weekend since DH is still up in Killeen during the week for class and Mom and Dad's is midway and they wanted to see us (they especially wanted to see , lol) AND it was my :birthday.. anyways, I decided "Surely 6 weeks post partum I should be able to fit into SOMETHING I wore before...? ?" So, I dug out some of the clothes and and tried to get them on... the jeans and shorts were a horrendous no-go. Wouldn't even fit up over my thighs. So then I tried skirts.. those wouldn't zip/button/otherwise close either. Then I tried shirts... they were tight on my boobs and I could deal with that but the unattractive attention they called to my tummy? NOT cool. I am not a happy camper. I was feeling last week about the 30lbs. I've lost since popping out Corn Muffin, but now... I have stretch marks, I jiggle all over... I don't like looking at myself in the mirror without clothes on and half the time not even with clothes on. Honestly, if I weren't bf'ing I would probably be going a not-so healthy route of crash dieting or something but I know I have to eat healthy for Muffin. And I know that healthy eating is the way to go anyways but it's not taking the pounds off anywhere near as fast as I want. I disgust myself looking in the mirror. I want to be slim again, and even though I know stretch marks don't go away I want them to at least fade some. I've literally been fighting all night over this and I feel so down about it. I want to fit in my size 6 jeans again!!!!!

I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm exhausted and miss DH being home during the week and I'm still upset about missing the Army Ball next week, and I'm sad because one of my and my family's close friends is getting PCS'd to Colorado. And I'm going back home tomorrow where even when DH is there I feel lonely when he's at work because I haven't made many friends in San Antonio yet that I can just go hang out with. Oh, and I want to DH like crazy. We haven't in about 8 weeks!!! My 6 week postpartum checkup is on Monday, I'm going to ask the doctor to help me come up with a plan for getting this weight off as fast as is healthy. I just feel crappy about myself right now.

So, the moral of this story is... don't try your prepregnancy clothes on again this soon unless you want a . And if you DO try them on and they fit, don't tell me about it or I will want nothing more than to
  2. Originally joined APRIL 2005.
    Originally joined APRIL 2005.

Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.
    ~Muhammad Ali

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    oh hunny I know how you feel. The only thing that fit me 6weeks post baby were sweats, plus I was recovering from a nasty infection that I swear the drs caused so that didnt help. It will be ok though. If it makes you feel any better im 18months post baby & still not able to fit into anything I was able to before DS.
    I TOTALLY understand!!!!! It is very depressing wearing dresses all the time. I miss wearing jeans.

But give yourself time... Its only been 6 weeks!!

Just remember, it took 10 months to gain the weight, it will probably take that to take it off!!

5. I love my life!
    I love my life!
    I TOTALLY understand!!!!! It is very depressing wearing dresses all the time. I miss wearing jeans.

But give yourself time... Its only been 6 weeks!!

Just remember, it took 10 months to gain the weight, it will probably take that to take it off!![/QUOTE]

Totally agree!!! It just takes some time!
  6. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    you'll get there. Barely ANYONE fits into their pre pregnancy clothes at 6 weeks PP. I know I didn't. I know how frustrating it is. Since you are 6 weeks PP you can start exercising again if you're wanting to get the weight off. Can you take your DD on a walk in the stroller or something? And at 6 weeks PP you should be a-ok for . But as far as the weight goes BFing and walking should help you get back into those clothes. Plus, most babies love going outside for walks so it would be good for muffin too. I know what you mean about the stretchmarks though. I hate mine but you eventually get used to seeing them and they stop bothering you so much.
  7. Senior Member
    I look like a freaking zebra with my stretchmarks, and I'm about 40 pounds over where I want to be, and thats still heavier then my pre pregnancy weight. Oh, and my stomach looks like a deflated balloon. Ive been wearing teeshirts, sweatpants, and maternity pants. I tried on a skirt the other day, and I finally squeezed into it, but I couldnt wear it because down the back of my thighs and even my freaking CALVES theres deep purple stretch marks. Because of the stupid high blood pressure I got that made my legs get so swollen. I still cant wear my wedding ring because my fingers are so fat.

This was supposed to tell you that I understand, but it turned into a rant somehow In case you didnt get it, I understand.

Im BFing too, and it's really difficult for me to not crash diet. We just PCSd too, and I literaly havent met one person here to hang out with. I sit in the house allll day while DH is working. Hi, we are in the same boat.
  8. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    I know hun. I'm there with you. I texted you yesterday to share my sob story.

But like the other ladies said...it takes 10 months to put on it isn't going to come off just like that. we'll get there.

i mentioned this in some other thread but no one said anything. maybe it was a crappy idea. but since sooo many of us had babies in april we could have a support group or something for shredding the weight. be cheerleaders for one another like we were for the last few months of pregnancy. April BBs unite!

9. You Can't Hear The Music Until You Dance
    You Can't Hear The Music Until You Dance
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    We just PCSd too, and I literaly havent met one person here to hang out with. I sit in the house allll day while DH is working. Hi, we are in the same boat.
    Oh, that's double rough.
    I am in the same boat! Plus, there is the pain in the butt of waiting for all your stuff, so you often eat out which doesn't help with the healthy weight loss!

I hate just the fact that I don't know how to dress my body now - It's a totally different shape! It's a lot "looser" too! And if I even put on 2lbs, it goes right into my belly and I get that "over hang" look. It's horrible.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Rashel View Post
    you'll get there. Barely ANYONE fits into their pre pregnancy clothes at 6 weeks PP. I know I didn't. I know how frustrating it is. Since you are 6 weeks PP you can start exercising again if you're wanting to get the weight off. Can you take your DD on a walk in the stroller or something? And at 6 weeks PP you should be a-ok for . But as far as the weight goes BFing and walking should help you get back into those clothes. Plus, most babies love going outside for walks so it would be good for muffin too. I know what you mean about the stretchmarks though. I hate mine but you eventually get used to seeing them and they stop bothering you so much.
    We've been going for walks with the stroller. Muffin LOVES it and loves being outside in general. My 6 week checkup is on Tuesday, I'm just waiting for the doc to give me the a-ok to start really working out and since I tore so badly and my bottom still hurts a little, I want to make sure I'm all healed up and not go busting something open again or something, you know?

Thanks ladies.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast