Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Yucky eye?

1. Senior Member

Question Yucky eye?

Advertisements
    Well, this morning when we woke up, I was getting ready to feed DS and I noticed his left eye had some green gunk coming out of it. Kinda like eye boogers, but definitely not eye boogers. After taking DH to work, I decided since it came back that I should call his doctor. His doctor wanted me to bring him in ASAP, so I did. She took a culture swab of the green gunk and we should know Monday what it is for sure. For the time being, I have eye ointment to put in his eye. I was just wondering if anyone else had any issues or experience with this wonderful green gunk?

TIA

2. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    dawson has a clogged tear duct in one eye and he gets mega eye boogers and junk all the time. the doc said as long as his eye doesn't turn pink it isn't infected and thus needs no antibiotics. In the meantime, i'm supposed to do a funky tear duct massage if you will to encourage it to open up. He's had it for weeks but it is clearing up slowly and is just weapy. The doc has since looked at it multiple times when we go in for other checkups so he has seen it. it is apparently really common. I don't know if that is the same thing or not.

The culture will tell you what the plan of action should be. No worries. Good luck!

3. ALICIA- DH: You are the reason I will always think rational
    ALICIA- DH: You are the reason I will always think rational
    Waiting on it- Hubbies on Infantry Corp Training
    good old breastmilk will help it clear up too..if you dont feel comfortable squirting it into his eye, squirt some into a cup and dip the corner of a baby face cloth and squeeze the milk out of it into his eye

NO TICKER NEEDED...HE'S HOME!!!

4. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

2 of my boys had clogged ducts, that's what it sounds like. Try massaging it with a warm wash cloth a couple of times a day
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    All three of mine had a clogged tear duct Paul is almost 4 months and still has it. I have squirted him in the eye daily w/breast milk, no luck there. It sucks and it's nasty. I try to just wipe with a warm wash cloth as much as possible. The girls cleared up at about 4 monthhs.
  6. Senior Member
    Thanks everyone. His eye looks red and irritated too so we were playing around with the thought of him possibly being allergic to my dog and/or cat

7. Senior Member
    Carter has a clogged duct, and it sounds exactly like that. Hopefully it's not allergies like you said
  8. Senior Member
    Well, today his eye looks a lot better, but I am still putting the ointment in his eye until we hear from his doctor tomorrow.

9. Formerly known as stapletonlove
    Formerly known as stapletonlove
    Haylee has a clogged duct too.

10. Silence is golden duct tape is silver :)
    Silence is golden duct tape is silver :)
    we do too

it went "away" for a while meaning it wasn't as bad as before but now the left eye is clogged again and we are back to the daily warm wash cloth several times a day for just in case but i really only have to do it a couple of times a day

but i normally wash his face 2x a day anyways cause of the acne too