Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: when will it stop

1. Senior Member

Help when will it stop

Advertisements
    the non stop crying

I tried gripe water today, and it worked for about an hour. He passed gas without screaming and was happy and smiling. but then, it all started again. I dont want to do it again, I hate the thought of him having anything but breastmilk right now. I feel so guilty for giving it to him.

I'm lucky he still sleeps often, because I can catch a break then. When he is awake though, he just cries. Ive tried EVERYTHING to get him to stop.

We just PCSd, living in a house with no furniture, one car that DH needs all day, and I know no one here. Im so homesick. I know Im coming on here and just complaining. Im so overwhelmed.

Carter cries and I cry, and it just sucks. I dont know what else to try.

He wasnt like this before, it started about a week ago. Its getting so much worse. At first he would just cry at night, but now it starts around 3 and goes on til bedtime around 11. Has a crying fit around 4 AM, and then wakes for the day at 6.

Hes breastfed, and Ive been messing around with my diet to see if thats the culprit, and Ive found nothing. Swaddling makes him scream, rocking works for a couple of minutes, the vibrations on his bouncer work for a minute and then he gets fed up, he hates the sling, he hates being held, he hates being put down, he hates everything.

Hes okay in the morning, but thats it. I wish it was morning all day.
  2. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Welcome to the world of colic. There are a lot of things that can contribute to it but diet was the big thing for us. I hate not drinking milk but 3 days after I stopped DS went from screaming 8hrs straight to and angel. Talk to your Dr. about their suggestions but some of the big things to try are any veggies you eat regularly, milk/dairy and citrus products. Also look up the 'happiest baby on the block' stuff. Someone here suggested that for me and until we figured out the milk thing it was a life saver. I wish I was there to give you a hug 'cause I know I needed one when we were going through it. After two weeks of that horribleness I now sometimes forget we even went through it!
  3. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
  4. J.A.R.S. <3
    J.A.R.S. <3
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, the crying will never stop especially if they're newborns...its just natural for them and sacrificing for them is all we can do to find out what they want and need from us until we understand there habits. I totally know what your going through since my daughter was constantly crying when she was a newborn. It's ok to give him some of the gripe water just don't substitute it from his regular feedings. Do you also burp him often in between his feedings? I know I had to burp my Dd at least 3 to 4 times in between her feedings. Has he been going to the bathroom regularly too? Do you change his diapers right away after he does 1 or 2? I know my Dd would go nuts when her diaper was always dirty. I'm trying to think what else can be bothering him...does he take naps in the afternoon?

I know it's overwhelming for you right now but it will get better just give him all the love and attention you are doing now and maybe play some lullaby's or sing some lullaby's to him, it seemed to work for me and if he falls asleep on you let him just be careful. Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask and I will gladly help you as much as I can.
  5. nobody's girl :]
    nobody's girl :]
  6. Senior Member
    It really does get easier once they hit 3 months. Right now I know its stressful right now, because your not getting much sleep either. Maybe your DH can watch the baby so you can get a nap in? It gets better I promise!!
  7. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Hugs!!!!! Just know that this phase will pass! Hopefully soon!!!! How is he when you go for walks outside in his stroller?!?
  8. J.A.R.S. <3
    J.A.R.S. <3
    Blog Entries
    I know you probably wont have much time to read but this book really helped me when my daughter was born...its called "Secrets of the baby whisperer, how to calm, connect and communicate with you baby." by Tracy Hogg with Melinda Blau It's a great book and has great tips that have worked for me and my daughter.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by princessgwynn View Post
    Welcome to the world of colic. There are a lot of things that can contribute to it but diet was the big thing for us. I hate not drinking milk but 3 days after I stopped DS went from screaming 8hrs straight to and angel. Talk to your Dr. about their suggestions but some of the big things to try are any veggies you eat regularly, milk/dairy and citrus products. Also look up the 'happiest baby on the block' stuff. Someone here suggested that for me and until we figured out the milk thing it was a life saver. I wish I was there to give you a hug 'cause I know I needed one when we were going through it. After two weeks of that horribleness I now sometimes forget we even went through it!
    I will really have to try and dissect my diet more to figure it out, I cant pinpoint anything yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fashionista View Post
    Honestly, the crying will never stop especially if they're newborns...its just natural for them and sacrificing for them is all we can do to find out what they want and need from us until we understand there habits. I totally know what your going through since my daughter was constantly crying when she was a newborn. It's ok to give him some of the gripe water just don't substitute it from his regular feedings. Do you also burp him often in between his feedings? I know I had to burp my Dd at least 3 to 4 times in between her feedings. Has he been going to the bathroom regularly too? Do you change his diapers right away after he does 1 or 2? I know my Dd would go nuts when her diaper was always dirty. I'm trying to think what else can be bothering him...does he take naps in the afternoon?

I know it's overwhelming for you right now but it will get better just give him all the love and attention you are doing now and maybe play some lullaby's or sing some lullaby's to him, it seemed to work for me and if he falls asleep on you let him just be careful. Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask and I will gladly help you as much as I can.
    He pees more times than I can count and has at like 8 poopy diapers a day. I change his diaper often hoping it stops the crying, and it never does. He catnaps on and off all day.

I havent tried lullabies, I think I somehow forgot they existed.

Quote Originally Posted by kimly View Post
    It really does get easier once they hit 3 months. Right now I know its stressful right now, because your not getting much sleep either. Maybe your DH can watch the baby so you can get a nap in? It gets better I promise!!
    He tries to watch him for a while when he gets home from work, but after dealing with him crying for about 20 minutes he always takes him to me and says he is hungry. I know he isnt hungry then, because I try to nurse him and he isnt interested. DH is convinced he is just hungry, but he doesnt see him 80% of the day. He tries to help, and is a great dad, but our system works better when he does dinner or laundry and gives me a break there.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Hugs!!!!! Just know that this phase will pass! Hopefully soon!!!! How is he when you go for walks outside in his stroller?!?
    Lasts a few minutes in the strollers. Its been rainy the past couple of days, so Im hoping tommorow will be nice so we can both get out of the house for once.
  10. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Just keep trying different things. Remember, parenthood is ALL about trial and error!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast