Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: She's A Ninja

1. Senior Member

Wow She's A Ninja

Advertisements
    I swear, I'm going to drop her one of these days. And it's not even going to be my fault. Last week, lil' bebe was sitting on my lap when I was sitting in the computer chair, and all of a sudden, she PUSHED off the chair with her feet and fell forward... Almost ate the desk. If I didn't have super quick reflexes, she would have spilt the side of her face WIDE open. Gah. And then, over the weekend, I was just carrying her and holding her normally, and she PUSHES off my leg/lower tummy with her feet and flung herself backward! Luckily, I caught her, but geesh.

Then she tried to jump off the computer chair last night. I was sitting there, holding her, and she was held normally, and somehow, she just launched herself sideways and almost ended up on the floor. I was so shocked, I yelled "JESSICA" at the top of my lungs. Scared her, cats took off running, and Pup tucked her tail and ran. OMG, I frsrs thought that she was gonna fall. Scared the piss outta me. She is becoming so mobile.

She is part Ninja, fo shizzle.

Any thoughts on how I can get her to stop?

She just randomly does it. No warning, nothing. She's got great head movement now too. I really don't wanna drop her, but one of these days, I'm not gonna be so quick.
  2. Formerly known as stapletonlove
    Formerly known as stapletonlove
    I have the same problem. I swear they have super baby powers of scaring us like that!

3. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    short of wrapping her against your body with a baby wrap or carrier AT ALL TIMES there is nothing you can do about it

It sucks, I know. But they'll learn not to do it if they bump their head a few times. Thankfully, Aubri wasn't a big "jumper" when she was little so I didn't have this problem. But NOW she is a squirmy wormy so I just put her down if she does it
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Haha, damn these ninja babies =p
    Just kidding. I hope she doesn't hurt herself!
  5. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    My solution with DS? When he keeps trying to jump out of his skin like that I put him on the floor for tummy time or in the bouncy seat or swing- i.e. somewhere he is strapped in. He has gotten better lately though. Of course the other day I saw Aubri almost whack her head on the table at GC after we went to the zoo and Raena is claiming she doesn't do that