Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: stuffy nose?

1. Member

Help stuffy nose?

Advertisements
    When did your little one start having a stuffy nose? I'm asking because Christopher has had a stuffy nose since about the second day we brought him home. I've been pulling boogers out almost every day.
    Dh and I have both been up and down with colds since we moved into the rental that we are in. We have started wondering if there might be mold growing in the house somewhere. We have other issues with the house that we are working on with the rental company, with no luck.
  2. Doin' It All On My Own...
    Doin' It All On My Own...
    aww I hope you can figure it out! Apparently when I was born I had a cold on and off till I was 2!!! My mother wanted to rip her hair out! If it is mold I hope you get something done about it asap! That could be seriously dangerous.

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Is the mucus clear or colored? If it's clear, then yeah, he might have a cold or an ear infection. If he doesn't yet have an ear infection, try to keep him from getting one-- they are NOT fun for ANYONE involved.

Is he generally acting baby-ish? If not, make an apointment and take him in
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Babies often have plugged noses for a long time. I think Glen had one until he was 2. Their noses aren't developed all the way.

Talk to your dr.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Molly always has boogers too.. they don't bother her though. She also snorts like a pig sometimes... that is completely normal for infants and totally cute

do you breastfeed? I hear breast milk up the nose helps with congestion. Squirt some up and see if that helps
  6. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"
    Peanut has boogers a lot. They are never any color to them and I have to root them out a few times a week. If she has crying spells or spits up a lot, she has more of them. The pediatrician told me unless they change color then it really isn't a problem. I just keep her nose cleaned out because it makes it easier for her to breath.
    I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!
  7. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    You should use a humidifier and air purifiers. Your baby could just have mad allergies. Ethan, my husband, and myself have terrible allergies.
  8. X
    X
    Squirt some BM in his nose
  9. Senior Member
    I asked lil' bebe's doctor for saline. Does wonders. But it does make her throw up if I squirt it up her nose right after she eats.

She's had a really bad cold for the past week... not a whole lot I can do but suction and wait it out.
  10. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Saline and a humidifier helped DS a ton (he had a horrible stuffy nose), until he got a cold last week