Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Diarrhea?

1. Member

Help Diarrhea?

Advertisements
    What could cause diarrhea in a 3wk old breastfed baby?
    It just started this morning. He's been really clingy the last couple days. He won't go to sleep without being close to Dh or I. If we put him in his bed after he falls asleep, we have about 20min before he wakes up.
    This is new for him. Usually when he falls asleep he is out for about 2-3hrs. I keep thinking he is fighting something. He has an eye infection which we are treating with antibotics.
    I've had a lot of fruit the last couple days. Pizza and spagehtti almost back to back.
    Any ideas?? He has a doc appt for this afternoon. Dh and I are wondering if he is allergic to something in the house (not on base, yet).
  2. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    are the antibiotics oral? That could cause it. Also 3 weeks is when they start a growth spurt and if you are bfing, he could be nursing every hour. (at least that is what Bella did)

Why do you think its diarrhea? Stools from BF babies generally are more runny that a formula baby.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Has he been around anyone who's been sick? It could be rotavirus - make sure he stays hydrated!
  4. Member
    When I changed after running to base, his stool has all watery, not a normal poppy diaper for him.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Breastfeed babies stools are extremely soft and runny. Does lots a day. Like more then 7 or so.

Isaacs would just oooooze out of this diaper.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz