Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I'm so out of shape

1. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"

Thumb Down I'm so out of shape

Advertisements
    Here is my confession. I need to get it out to make it real and move forward.

I worked my butt off (literally) and lost almost 100 lbs before DH and I got married. I was at my goal weight of 125 lbs. I was doing the 60 mile breast cancer walk fundraiser for the 3rd year straight!

Now I know this is my own fault but I got married and gained 20 lbs. I was at 145 lbs before I got pregnant with Peanut. I hadn't figured out how to balance my workouts and my new activities with DH or the naughty foods that he likes but I was getting there.

I got pregnant with Peanut and drumroll.....I gained 55 lbs. I was 200 lbs when I delivered. Yes, I know that is my fault. I did exercise but not as much as I could have. I ate my way through morning sickness and I indulged every craving.

Peanut is 5 weeks old now and I am hoping the doctor gives me the approval to start my workouts again this week. I have been walking and getting back to eating right again. I have lost 30 lbs which is amazing but I look at my post-Peanut body and I'm disgusted with myself. I tried to do even my easiest workout this morning and could barely make it through my 5 minute goal.

So I am sliding between being disgusted with myself for being where I am and being proud of myself for taking the first step. As Usher says "This is my confession..."

Good morning ladies...I'm off to re-establish my Weight Watchers online subscription.
    I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!
  2. This Hippie loves her Coastie
    This Hippie loves her Coastie
    You can do it!!!! My goal is to lose another 20 lbs.
    Have you heard of Sunrider? It's AMAZING.
    And I'm going to start to 30 day shred tomorrow when I get the DVD.
  3. well, Mommy of 7 now! ;)
    well, Mommy of 7 now! ;)
    your story sounds so much like mine! I lost 127 lbs to surprise Dh when he came home from deployment. then I got preggo (MC'd @14wks), then got pregnant again with our DD and then again with our DS. Nathan will be 6 weeks old on Thursday and I have lost 33 lbs so far and I am 2 lbs away from being at my pre preggo weight which is still way to much! but like you said... it's a first step you can do it!! But I can relate to looking at my body and being disgusted!! I have another 90 lbs or so to lose. I am doing BFL to lose it. (that's how I lost it before). I have started walking again and it has helped. I had a c-section and even though Nate will be 6 weeks old soon, I don't think I am up to running and weights just yet.

I am very proud of you for your confession and for doing something about it! you can do it!!

Navy Wife and Mom to 7 Lil Monkeys
  4. Senior Member
    I recommend the 30 day shred. Jack is 3 months now and I started it about 2 weeks ago and got serious about it this past week. I have lost at least 5 lbs and it is great because it's only 20 minutes.
  5. Senior Member
    I can't wait to work out, I have been at or around 155 since I was in the Air Force(I'm 5'10) and when DH got back from his last deployment in 2007 I gained 20lbs from just going out to eat, and not watching what I ate. Then I got pregnant with the twins and gained close to 100lbs. I lost majority of it but not all of it by the time I got pregnant again(8 months later) and have gained 34lbs so far and have a week left. So i'm over 200.... I hope I can loose it all plus get back down to 155, with out getting pregnant again.
  6. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    I'm so there with you. I've lost the majority of the weight from Dawson but i just look in the mirror at my jelly belly and cry.
    Since we are all really close in delivery dates, we should start our own little posse. You know? Be cheerleaders for one another, just like the April BB's. Now it is April post BB's.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrielh View Post
    I recommend the 30 day shred. Jack is 3 months now and I started it about 2 weeks ago and got serious about it this past week. I have lost at least 5 lbs and it is great because it's only 20 minutes.
    I just checked it out on Amazon. It's only $9. I'm gonna go for it!

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

It took me a year after DD was born to finally get serious about working out again...Been doing p90x with DH for 5 weeks now..11 pounds gone...I still am not happy when I look in the mirror but little by little the pounds are coming off...

YOU CAN DO THIS
  8. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"
    I think we can completely do this. I did my 10 lunges, 10 squats, 10 bicep curls, 10 shoulder whatevers, and 10 tricep dips this morning. They were still hard but I did them. I didn't go for my walk yet because I was bleaching the bathroom floor and Peanut was fussing through her nap. I'll probably do it this afternoon. I have to go to Home Depot and fix a hole in the wall that DH and the dog made while they were playing last night. Ugh.

It's not great but its a start. Baby steps. Pretty soon I'll be back on the elliptical and then burning up the track again. You ladies help me so much! C'mon ladies...let's DO IT!

I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!
  9. Del
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka
    You can do it! Be proud of yourself for the steps you've taken so far, and keep up the motivation to continue on!