Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby acne moms...

1. Senior Member

Baby acne moms...

Advertisements
    Our pediatrician gave me some samples of Oxistat cream for John Duncan's baby acne. After just two applications, it has made a WORLD of difference. There have been several posts about baby acne lately, so I just thought I would throw that out there in case anyone wants to ask their pediatrician about it.
  2. Silence is golden duct tape is silver :)
    Silence is golden duct tape is silver :)
    Quote Originally Posted by MATom View Post
    Our pediatrician gave me some samples of Oxistat cream for John Duncan's baby acne. After just two applications, it has made a WORLD of difference. There have been several posts about baby acne lately, so I just thought I would throw that out there in case anyone wants to ask their pediatrician about it.
    Yes I will be asking for some cause just soap and water isn't clearing up Shawn's
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My baby has little tiny red bumps all over his neck, and on his face. I guess that's baby acne? The ones on his face aren't always red looking, but you can always feel them. His skin feels rough on his face.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick's Wife View Post
    My baby has little tiny red bumps all over his neck, and on his face. I guess that's baby acne? The ones on his face aren't always red looking, but you can always feel them. His skin feels rough on his face.
    I have pics in the photo forum where you can really see John Duncan's acne. His bumps were really red sometimes, but other times not so red. His skin was really rough to the touch too. Check them out.
  5. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    I don't think treatment is necessary at all. If you give it time it does go away. It's purely cosmetic. No sense in exposing them to medication that isn't necessary.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Rashel View Post
    I don't think treatment is necessary at all. If you give it time it does go away. It's purely cosmetic. No sense in exposing them to medication that isn't necessary.
    I know that sometimes, when I get pimples, it hurts to have them.

Lil' bebe doesn't have baby acne but if she did, I'd help her and put the creme on her face.

Just because some mom's want to doesn't make them wrong.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick's Wife View Post
    Pauls skin was rough on his cheeks and I put Genle naturals excema lotion on his cheeks(over the counter THICK lotion and poof with in 2 days gone. He gets REALLY red bumps when people with perfume hold him So now I have to sniff would be holders
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Rashel View Post
    So I could leave my baby covered in red bumps that may be uncomfortable all over his face, shoulders, and chest and wait to see how long it takes to go away on its own. Or I could apply less than 0.5g of a cream recommended by his pediatrician twice and have it cleared completely up in two days. I'm not into over-medicating, but I feel quite ok going with the second option...
  9. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefswife View Post
    Pauls skin was rough on his cheeks and I put Genle naturals excema lotion on his cheeks(over the counter THICK lotion and poof with in 2 days gone. He gets REALLY red bumps when people with perfume hold him So now I have to sniff would be holders

C'mere and let me sniff you before you hold Peanut!

I love it!
    I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!
  10. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATom View Post
    So I could leave my baby covered in red bumps that may be uncomfortable all over his face, shoulders, and chest and wait to see how long it takes to go away on its own. Or I could apply less than 0.5g of a cream recommended by his pediatrician twice and have it cleared completely up in two days. I'm not into over-medicating, but I feel quite ok going with the second option...
    ok, I would just be very careful. Oxistat is used for fungal skin diseases and can have numerous side effects. In most cases, baby acne is painless and generally goes away in a month or two. Here's a list of the possible side effect to watch out for:

Allergic skin inflammation, burning, cracks in the skin, eczema, irritation, itching, pain, rash, scaling, skin redness, skin softening, small, firm, raised skin eruptions similar to those of chickenpox, stinging, tingling

http://www.drugs.com/pdr/oxistat.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast